Need Help for my G27

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Knip007

Need Help for my G27

Post by Knip007 »

Gentlemen, I'm in the mood to by a new holster. I would like everyone to post a message on what type of holster would best fit my G27. I would like your opinion on IWB, and OWB. I'm a big man at 5'11 250. I would like to get an IWB if possible. I currently own a Blackhawk nylon OWB holster. If you own a IWB C-Tac, then tell me what you think. Or any IWB.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Wild Bills Concealment Holsters
357sigsauer

Post by 357sigsauer »

I bought a C-tac, for my P226, after reading several good reviews on this forum. After careful examination all I can say is WHAT WERE THEY THINKING THIS IS THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE THING I HAVE EVER WORN.

Don't pay any attention to me though, I am one of the few people that prefers a shoulder holster.
SigSauer P226 357sig

I don't need a gun I've got a Donk. -- Crocodile Dundee II
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

My c-tac does well for me. I'm 6'2" and weight 205 if that makes a difference.

I recently bought a crossbreed holster. I'm surprised at how well it rides considering it's holding a full size 1911. The price is right too.

Now that I think about it. I did promise a review of this holster. I'll have to work on that tonight.

I can't see an owb ever working for me. How do you guys hide those things? Unless i'm wearing a coat and know I won't be taking it off I don't see me ever being able to conceal an owb holster.

Rob
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I can't comment on IWB holsters but I carry my G27 in a Bianchi Black Widow thumb break that is just peachy. :D I paid less than $50.00 for it with shipping from midway,great service had it in three days. 8)
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
GLOCK36

Post by GLOCK36 »

Look real seriously at a Fist Inc, Model 22
birddog1

Post by birddog1 »

Check out Milt Sparks holsters, www.miltsparks.com I have the Versa Max II and a belt for my Kimber Ultra Carry, I also had one for my G27 before I sold it. I too am a bigger guy, 6'2", 260 lbs and I have no problem with IWB carry. The key is not so much the holster, as it is the belt. A good, heavy belt is crucial to keeping the holster tucked tight to your body, while a flimsy belt lets the holster and gun sag. There is a long wait if your order direct from Sparks, so I bought mine from www.lightningarms.com Craig and Audrey are great people to deal with. Holsters and belts is definitely one instance of "you get what you pay for"
jbp-ohio

Post by jbp-ohio »

Mad Duck wrote:Wild Bills Concealment Holsters
I have one on right now for my Para CCW. Wild Bill makes excellent holsters, BUT......... it took me 6 months to receive it.

I ordered a High Noon holster on Sept 16......... still haven't received it.
BigArn
*** Banned ***

Post by BigArn »

CurtInOhio

Post by CurtInOhio »

Ok, here's my plug for a really IWB holster... the Smartcarry... Don't leave home without it! Don't have to change your wardrobe... just put it in, no matter what you're wearing other than spandex, and off you go!
Curt M
Knip007

Post by Knip007 »

Curt, that holster just seems like another garment to put on, kind of like underwear, or something!
CurtInOhio

Post by CurtInOhio »

More like a sort of belt... I wear it every day... very comfortable. I can wear it with shorts, pants, whatever... it's not too tough to draw one handed, though 2 is a bit easier (pull waistband with the left hand, reach in with the right. It also is easy to do the car thing with... either pull the whole holster up to show the grip or pull the whole thing outside the pants to rest in front. Other than forehead carry, you're not going to get much more in plain sight.

If you're one to wear tight pants, though, forget it.
Curt M
Knip007

Post by Knip007 »

Do you have to wear in the front of you? I'm a pretty big guy, and to the side is better for me.
CurtInOhio

Post by CurtInOhio »

I'm good sized, too... 6'3", 280... and it works fine just under my 'shelf'. :) You could probably wear it to the side, but in front is the easiest for me. Look at www.smartcarry.com.
Curt M
Knip007

Post by Knip007 »

I'm 5'11" 275. Don't you think that's to big for in the front carry?