Just Saab on Madison Road

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dockonrad

Just Saab on Madison Road

Post by dockonrad »

I saw a very small no firearms sign at Just Saab in Cincinnati, OH. It was difficult to see the sign because it was so small. I saw it when I entered the service shop. That was several months ago. I'm not sure if it's still there as I haven't returned since last summer. I didn't say anything while I was there. This is in Madisonville which is a high crime area.
I don't boycott the place because I own a SAAB and they have been good to me over the years. I have even talked about guns with some of the guys behind the service counter.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Why not talk to the guys about the sign? If you can talk about guns to them, they may be sympathetic. Most of the auto dealers post because of suggestions from the Ohio auto dealers association, not because of any strong feelings. My son was able to get a Ford dealer to remove their sign (after he bought a new Mustang at a non-posted dealer).

Good luck
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Paul_K

Post by Paul_K »

I sent a couple of letters to the GM of the Saturn dealership where I bought my car, and where I had been taking it for service for 8 years. The GM seemed sympathetic, but the dealership is owned by the Sunnyside Automotive group, and they pretty much do whatever the association recommends.

A check of dealerships in my area only uncovered CPZ postings at Great Northern Dodge, and the 2 Sunnyside dealerships. Honda, VW, Chevrolet, BMW, etc, must realize that the signs are useless.

Since then I've had a little under $800 in maintenance and repairs done, at Conrad's.