Another Big CPZ Sign

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Another Big CPZ Sign

Post by AlanM »

Just after these forums started I tried to get someone in the Youngstown area to get pictures of the signs at the gates to the parking lots of the General Motors Assembly plant at Lordstown. No one responded.
This Thanksgiving I drove down to Virginia to be with my oldest daughter so, since my route took me right past Lordstown, I made a slight detour.

In the spring of 2005 I did some contract engineering work at this plant and EVERY entrance to the parking lots had signs.

On Nov. 20, '07 there were no signs visible at the south entrance to the lot. Then I noticed that the chain link fence around the south lot had been removed along with the gates and the card key system (that was not in use when I worked there). The south side lot appeared to be completely unfenced. This is where all union workers, admin. staff, engineers, visitors, and management park, I think. If someone knows for sure let me know.

I continued on around the plant to the east to get on the I80 turnpike where I found the below signs. This parking lot and plant access is the end of the building where the finished cars are shipped out. I think that any cars in this lot are test cars, cars to be shipped, etc. Again, I could be wrong about what this entrance is, if someone knows, let me know.

Note: Closer examination of the wide angle photo the the first pic below is part of indicates that this gate might be part of the fence that has been taken down and may itself disappear soon

The big sign is pretty close to 4 feet on a side.

Last edited by AlanM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
William Bonney

Post by William Bonney »

If this had been anywhere near where I grew up, it would have been shotgunned several times and riddled with bullets. :D
It would also have some creative spray paint lettering. :wink:
"You better stand tall when they're calling you out. Don't bend, don't break, baby don't back down." John BonJovi-It's my Life

"If you want to live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn" Motley Crue-Primal Scream
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

William Bonney wrote:If this had been anywhere near where I grew up, it would have been shotgunned several times and riddled with bullets. :D
It would also have some creative spray paint lettering. :wink:

...still should be.