OC at Party in the Park

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jacksnack

OC at Party in the Park

Post by jacksnack »

I have friends from WV attending this year. However, neither have a CHL. How do we feel about OC?

This will be my first year attending, the protocol is unclear.

thanks...see you in nine days!
BIG SHAFE

Post by BIG SHAFE »

I was thinking the same thing, pro-gun guys won't be scared at the sight of a gun. Much more comfortable for me that way.

Others' thoughts?
pniemeyer
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: OC at Party in the Park

Post by pniemeyer »

jacksnack wrote:I have friends from WV attending this year. However, neither have a CHL. How do we feel about OC?

This will be my first year attending, the protocol is unclear.

thanks...see you in nine days!
If they do not normally carry in West Virginia, I would say that they do not have to carry at the Party in the Park. (Even if they normally do carry, they do not have to carry at the PITP.)

That being said, open carry is legal in the State of Ohio; so if they want to open carry, there should not be a problem. It really is their choice.
RamingtonStall

Post by RamingtonStall »

Since they do not have a CHL, they should be warned that Open Carry in a Motor Vehicle is NOT LEGAL for someone who does not have a CHL.

In order to comply with Ohio Laws, they would need to do the "Ohio Carry" routine of unloading the firearm and putting it ina case in the Trunk of the car for transporting it and then doing the Open Carry at the Party in the Park.

I doubt that anybody at the Party would object or even notice, but they Speed Police aalong I-70 or I-77, or I-71, etc. might take issue with an open Carry firearm in the vehicle.

Just a thought.
Roy from Westerville
Safer Sidewalks with CCW. Do you have your Ohio CHL?
"Remember New Orleans!" ..... NRA September 2005
dngreer

Post by dngreer »

I am not 100% sure that I am going to be able to attend, but I plan on OC if I am able to. We are all pro gun, and hopefully OCers wouldn't be treated badly. But neither should any OCers walk around blasting CCW carriers for "not having the stones to stand up for our rights". Both "sides" would be wrong if that would happen. But I think (at least, I hope) the majority of us are mature enough to understand we are on the same side, and there's no need to be fighting among ourselves, especially about something like this. Unless the organizers of this event specifically say "no OCers" I think it should be fine. After all, what's the difference between CCing and OCing; nothing more than a thin layer of cloth, or maybe a jacket.
Protect and exercise our 2nd amendment rights before we have none to protect or exercise.
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

the difference between CCing and OCing; nothing more than a thin layer of cloth,After all, what's or maybe a jacket.
About 2 years of prison , loss of any carrying rights and ownership of any firearms.......................

Yes, we all need to work toward the same goals regardless of your carrying method...........I am going to Open carry to exercise my rights and views...........
The rest of you please buy some airtime during the superbowl, MTV awards, or other sporting events.............. :P :P
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
dngreer

Post by dngreer »

I understand the consequences of CCing without the permit. I was saying that at the heart of the issue, there is really not a huge difference between OC and CC. Both involve carrying a gun, CC is just hidden. Oh, and you have a another form of ID to carry around that says you are a pretty good person, you probably aren't going to snap and go crazy, you have gone through 12 hrs of training that teaches you common sense gun safety and an overview of Ohio's gun laws, and you can carry a loaded gun in a car. It seems that the amount of time and money that one has to put into getting a CCW is almost not worth the added "privileges" that you get. But I am planning on getting a CCW, so it doesn't really matter does it? :)
Protect and exercise our 2nd amendment rights before we have none to protect or exercise.
fisher

Post by fisher »

I am going to be carrying openly, unless it is so cold I need a jacket. I think the PIP is a great way to celebrate the accomlishments of the last year, including the open carry preemtion in 347. We fought hard for it, feel free to use it if you feel so inclined.
xd

Post by xd »

I don't know. I'm scared to death of guns. Hell I may have one of the heart attacks I if see one. :shock:
dngreer

Post by dngreer »

xd wrote:I don't know. I'm scared to death of guns. Hell I may have one of the heart attacks I if see one. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the sarcasm! That's like going to a P.E.T.A. rally if you love hamburgers or being a black member of the KKK. It just wouldn't make sense. Are you a "card carrying member of the ACLU"?
xd

Post by xd »

Damn :!: I've been undone again. How did you know my name was Nadine :?: :shock:
dngreer

Post by dngreer »

I wiretapped your phones, put a tracking device your car, look at your house 24/7 with satellites, track all your bank transactions, and I do all of this in my spare time off from tracking aliens while riding around in a black helo. :D
pniemeyer
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pniemeyer »

But you can't see me, because I've wrapped my entire body in tin foil! :lol:
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

pniemeyer wrote:But you can't see me, because I've wrapped my entire body in tin foil! :lol:
I hope you don't mind me saying, but we're finding the glare quite annoying. I've already had to replace the CCD on camera # AE620 twice this week.

On the plus side, our solar recharging grid is running at 133% efficiency. :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
dngreer

Post by dngreer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, talk about a thread hijack! [Deleted -- TR]