Same UDF robbed twice in one day

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

fisher

Same UDF robbed twice in one day

Post by fisher »

It was so easy, why not do it again? Not an armed person anywhere to be found. Nice job with the gunbuster signs UDF.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14128902/detail.html
Less than 10 hours later, another man, also showing a silver handgun, robbed the store again.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Why not...it is safe for your average thug to hit. :shock:
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Signs. These people need much bigger signs. Huge signs. Maybe humongous signs towed behind a blimp…
fisher

Post by fisher »

Whoever is responsible for these crimes is looking at a moderate fine for trespassing.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

fisher wrote:Whoever is responsible for these crimes is looking at a moderate fine for trespassing.
That will show them!
boyo

Post by boyo »

Funny converation with my cousin as I read this article,
Boyo says (8:42 PM):
Less than 10 hours later, another man, also showing a silver handgun, robbed the store again.
Boyo says (8:43 PM):
http://www.wlwt.com/news/14128902/detail.html
Chris says (8:44 PM):
that is priceless
Boyo says (8:44 PM):
Yup..
Boyo says (8:45 PM):
UDF doesnt allowe concealed carry in any of their stores, "For the safety of their employees and customers"
Chris says (8:45 PM):
it wasnt concealed apparently
Boyo says (8:45 PM):
Apparently not, LOL
Remember, TSA Officers are just like you. They have rules to follow to, regardless of how silly they may seem, that are determined by upper management.There's no reason to take it out on them.
sts47

Post by sts47 »

LOL!

that's all
The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
The pen might not be mightier than the sword, but maybe the printing press was heavier than the siege weapon. Just a few words can change everything.
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.
fisher

Post by fisher »

Update: It was the same guy both times.
I wonder if he will try it again today.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.as ... 8bdc90263e
Officers say Larry Stone robbed the UDF on Chase Avenue in Northside just after midnight, and then again just before 9 a.m.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

The wife and I were in Columbus about a year ago, and stopped at a UDF one night.

Turned out that it'd been robbed that morning. I didn't go in - just sat around outside.

(I didn't find out about the robbery until we got home.)

We don't go there anymore.... (UDF, that is. We've been back to Columbus a few times since.)

Makes "Stop And Rob" reality....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
elderboy02

Post by elderboy02 »

Wait, you mean the criminal didn't stop and listen to the no CCW sign? I cannot believe it :shock:

Stupid UDF. I have not supported them for a long time now and they will never get another penny from me.
boyo

Post by boyo »

Agreed, UDF is the one place that I actively avoid. When the cpz signs come down, i'll go back.

Also, for those like me, who like to make it hurt where it counts, their pockets. UDF makes Homemade brand ice cream that you can buy at most large grocery stores around the area. Haven't had it in a long time either.
Remember, TSA Officers are just like you. They have rules to follow to, regardless of how silly they may seem, that are determined by upper management.There's no reason to take it out on them.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Some years ago when I was working in Gahanna, the UDF there got robbed three times by the same guy, at the same time, on the same day of the week.
The third time the cops were waiting and he came in like a schedule or something.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

evan:

The guy probably was just getting off work someplace else, or on his way to work.... But it's still funny....

We had a guy at the former day job who was hitting gas stations on the way to work. Nuts.... His brother also worked for us, and had been a model employee for at least ten years at that time. We'd just done an "ID Photo" program to provide everybody with an ID card, due to the riots of the late 60's disrupting travel around the area, and I had a picture of the kid. A friend at the City PD asked me if I had it, and I brought it down as they were booking him.... (That'll teach me to stop in the bathroom first.)

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Whenever they have cheap gas i pump first then make the manager come outside to accept my payment, then go get my change, and bring that out too! I explain to them that i absolutly refuse to give up my right to defend myself and if they wont let me come into the stoe, then they have to come to me or give me free gas!!!!
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
elderboy02

Post by elderboy02 »

ParaC7 wrote:Whenever they have cheap gas i pump first then make the manager come outside to accept my payment, then go get my change, and bring that out too! I explain to them that i absolutly refuse to give up my right to defend myself and if they wont let me come into the stoe, then they have to come to me or give me free gas!!!!
Ha ha, that is funny. But, you are still supporting the morons that own the company *cough* Lindners *cough*
OFCC Member, Ohio CHL holder, NRA Life Member, AR15.com Life Member.