Tarus 1911

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

elrey718

Tarus 1911

Post by elrey718 »

I am looking and pricing for a Tarus 1911. I jst bought a Tarus 24/7 9mm and I love it. Time to upgrade to a .45. Please shoot me an email and let me know. Thank you
Ricardo
AmericanGunner

Re: Tarus 1911

Post by AmericanGunner »

elrey718 wrote:I am looking and pricing for a Tarus 1911. I jst bought a Tarus 24/7 9mm and I love it. Time to upgrade to a .45. Please shoot me an email and let me know. Thank you
I do not believe they are being shipped yet, but if the Taurus list price is any indication I would guess they will sell around the $500.00 to $550.00 range.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Just my two cents but why would you pay that much for a taurus? Is it tricked out or a milspec?
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

Petrofergov wrote:Just my two cents but why would you pay that much for a taurus? Is it tricked out or a milspec?
From the pic on Taurus's site it may be close to mil spec but then again it may not be.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

AmericanGunner wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:Just my two cents but why would you pay that much for a taurus? Is it tricked out or a milspec?
From the pic on Taurus's site it may be close to mil spec but then again it may not be.
For that kind of money you could buy a Springfield with a couple upgrades to boot.

Well, maybe not upgrades...but a few extra magazines and some ammo!
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

Petrofergov wrote:
AmericanGunner wrote:
For that kind of money you could buy a Springfield with a couple upgrades to boot.

Well, maybe not upgrades...but a few extra magazines and some ammo!
I say forget the Taurus and by a Smith&Wesson 1911 :)
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

Taurus in my mind still has the BEST warranty in the biz. Basically, you buy it, they take care of it, forever..... that is MY kind of company!
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
[email protected]
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

uperrsc wrote:Taurus in my mind still has the BEST warranty in the biz. Basically, you buy it, they take care of it, forever..... that is MY kind of company!
Hi Point offers the same warranty. 8)

I have little doubt that all of the big makers will make it right no matter what the time span has been since the gun was purchased. It's kind of an industry standard thing.

The gun manufacturing business is extremely competitive, and they are selling in a saturated market. They simply cannot afford to tick off customers. After all, they are selling their products mostly to people like us, who already HAVE more firearms than they could possibly ever need.

They have to entice us with new features, rock bottom prices and stellar service. It is truly a buyer's market.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Iam with P4G on this one. Not to diss Taurus in anyway, but why pay steak prices when you are buying hamburger? I would go with springfield.It is USA made and would make a great foundation for a custom 1911.
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

Wayne wrote:springfield.It is USA made 1911.
That is a good reason to go with Springfield.......
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
[email protected]
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

uperrsc wrote:
Wayne wrote:springfield.It is USA made 1911.
While I freely admit to a passionat love affair with european handguns, I do advocate US products with equal enthusiasm.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Petrofergov wrote:...people like us, who already HAVE more firearms than they could possibly ever need.
Huh? Whatchew talkin' 'bout Willis?
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

NavyChief wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:...people like us, who already HAVE more firearms than they could possibly ever need.
Huh? Whatchew talkin' 'bout Willis?
More firearms than we need...? Is that even possible? :?:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
mscott

Post by mscott »

Wayne wrote:
springfield.It is USA made 1911.

I'm pretty sure that most Springfields have Brazil on the frames (mine does). I realize their 1911s may be assembled here, but aren't the XD's from Croatia? I like my Springfield, but have never bragged about it being American made. I wonder if the same company in Brazil makes the Taurus frame as the Springer frame :lol:
You can't shoot a big enough gun to miss 'em dead.

NRA Life Member
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

This post was moved

Post by jgarvas »

elrey718,

I moved your post because it has become a conversation. If you want to repost an actual for sale or wanted ad again please feel free to do so.

Thanks,
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.