When does the 45 days start?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

eweeks

When does the 45 days start?

Post by eweeks »

My question, probably a dumb one but I have to ask, is does the 45 days start the day you apply, or the next day, which would be the first full day? I am asking this because I applied on friday, August 26th, and if that day counts, my 45 days are up on Sunday, Oct 9. How would that work?
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: When does the 45 days start?

Post by TunnelRat »

eweeks wrote:My question, probably a dumb one but I have to ask, is does the 45 days start the day you apply, or the next day, which would be the first full day? I am asking this because I applied on friday, August 26th, and if that day counts, my 45 days are up on Sunday, Oct 9. How would that work?
An equally good question might be: Why would it matter?

If your 45 days are up on a Sunday, then Monday, the next business day, would be your issue date anyhow....:?

So sorry to read that it's taken nearly the full 45 days for your application.

Especially when so many here have testified that theirs have been issued rather quickly...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

eweeks:

It probably would help to know which County, and whether or not you've been an Ohio resident for a while.

Practically nobody's reporting more than a couple weeks lately. That only means that they've not posted it here, though :D .

Probably worth calling them in a couple days - too many humans are involved in the process to trust "days" in a bureaucracy.

I think I went 43 days back in May of 2004. The folks in Columbiana County were having hardware problems (apparently legitimately) and just got behind. I think I got mine the first of June. (Not great 'cause I wanted it for a trip over Memorial Day....) IAC, they apologized. More of a "put the process together" than any sort of delay.

Major downside - when coming in to pick up my CHL, I had a 1911 in the trunk for the ride home. Kid in a "trustee" uniform (Columbiana County's Sheriff has an office at the County Jail) in the parking lot asked if I was there for a CHL. As in "guess which car's probably got a gun in it?"....

They'll probably buy some metal detectors eventually, but if you believe the "No Firearms" sign would stop anybody, you're on the wrong forum. :D

(You drop your app and money off at their "downtown" office in the Courthouse. Metal Detectors and a Deputy. He wanted my pocket knife....)

(I got it back....)

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם