CCW Class, Roger Polk

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

michaelap

CCW Class, Roger Polk

Post by michaelap »

My wife needed to take a class, and I decided to go along and take it with her since my resident Va permit will expire next year and I will most likely get an ohio license. Well this class was not only a hell of a lot cheaper than most charge but it was also in plain words an outstanding presentation! It was nice to have the Medina Co. sheriff there for some Q&A. The fact that the sheriff is always invited and always shows on his own time is impressive. I wanted to offer up my two cents because I have read some folks criticize just a bit unfairly. I would reccomend this class if wadsworth isn't too far for you. Anyone can search this site and find his phone number.
sts47

Re: CCW Class, Roger Polk

Post by sts47 »

Agreed! My wife took his class and I went along. He and the other presenters/instructors are very good. Sometimes you get a bunch of yahoos in the crowd jabbering and not paying attention, remember it'll be a large packed classroom. Overall was fine. I went to get a certificate for renewal for later. Good basic course, but I'd suggest a self defense pistol course in addition to the basic pistol class.

It was my first CHL course actually, as i used my DD-214 for my first license.
The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
The pen might not be mightier than the sword, but maybe the printing press was heavier than the siege weapon. Just a few words can change everything.
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.
Battman

Post by Battman »

I dreaded the 12 hour saturday but Roger made it so interesting that it was a enjoyable day.
Starwatcher

Post by Starwatcher »

I also took his class and found it to be excellent. When I get back from Florida, I have four or five other people that I am going to take to his class. He is deeply involved with his convictions and to me a true Patriot.
Clear Skies and
Keep Looking up
NRA Member
OFCC member
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

Isn't it nice to meet someone with a heart his size!
FN Enter

Post by FN Enter »

I also took Roger's class and enjoyed every minute of it! He is a great person and excellent instructor. I would definitely take his class again.
Starwatcher

Post by Starwatcher »

michaelap wrote:Isn't it nice to meet someone with a heart his size!
The only thing I have against him is he looks just like his dad!!! :lol: I worked with his dad for 30 + years as Boilermakers local 744. Both are good men!
Clear Skies and
Keep Looking up
NRA Member
OFCC member
Fonejack54

Post by Fonejack54 »

I'm glad to see Roger's reputation extolled by you guys. He is truly a patriot. When I took his class, he wanted to have some fun shooting after the class and provided the ammo himself. They don't come any better or knowledgeable.
'The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!'" Eleanor Roosevelt

"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain" Apostle Paul
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

michaelap wrote:My wife needed to take a class, and I decided to go along and take it with her since my resident Va permit will expire next year and I will most likely get an ohio license. Well this class was not only a hell of a lot cheaper than most charge but it was also in plain words an outstanding presentation! It was nice to have the Medina Co. sheriff there for some Q&A. The fact that the sheriff is always invited and always shows on his own time is impressive. I wanted to offer up my two cents because I have read some folks criticize just a bit unfairly. I would reccomend this class if wadsworth isn't too far for you. Anyone can search this site and find his phone number.
How much was his fee?
Come and get'em
gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gilly32 »

There is another discussion on this forum regarding the possibility of some mis-information regarding CCW/OC being presented in the class offered by Mr. Polk.

Here is that thread:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42071

As I understand it, a participant in one of his classes claimed he was informed that once you have your CHL, it would be illegal for you to open carry. Can any of you that have taken his class recently, confirm if this was the way it was presented in the class?
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

GatorNavy
He charged $45 The guys who help-- local detective/range coach etc they are volunteers
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

gilly32 wrote:There is another discussion on this forum regarding the possibility of some mis-information regarding CCW/OC being presented in the class offered by Mr. Polk.

Here is that thread:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42071

As I understand it, a participant in one of his classes claimed he was informed that once you have your CHL, it would be illegal for you to open carry. Can any of you that have taken his class recently, confirm if this was the way it was presented in the class?
No he states his strong opinion on open carry but doesn't state it as law.
theqbn

Post by theqbn »

His strong opinion being... anti?
[ no longer active ]
Ring

Post by Ring »

polk is a good guy, i have refered many to him... i have played paint ball at his filed a few times as well
captmud

Post by captmud »

Michaelab you state you live in ohio but i assume you are operating on a virginia resident license. when you moved to ohio would that license become invalid
Last edited by captmud on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.