BFA Accomplishments

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

BFA Accomplishments

Post by JimE »

Fact, fiction, or blowing their own horn ?
http://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/2018-bu ... lishments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: BFA Accomplishments

Post by Cruiser »

BFA forum has been for several weeks.
Site is down for maintenance, check back later.
https://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abandon ye all HOPE!
High Power

Post by High Power »

BFA didn't impress me when they backed DeWine for Governor. He hasn't been the strongest 2nd Amendment supporter in the past and that's putting it mildly.

Mary Taylor was a better choice. Her biggest crime, however, was being linked to a jerk like Kasich. Yet she never minced words when it came to her pro-gun sentiments.

BFA only showed how they would get in bed with establishment republicans. Watch what happens if any red-flag bills are introduced. DeWine has said he'd be open to signing red-flag legislation but hid behind the caveat of "but there has to be due process."

That's like saying it's okay to sleep with a woman that has AIDS as long as you wear protection. BFA sold us down the river with an endorsement for DeWine.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

In another BFA article, they claim the original notification bill (HB 142) didn't have enough votes to pass in its original version.
A Ohio Senate continues hearings on HB 142 (Modify LEO notification) but does not move to pass the bill, citing opposition by former supporters who did not agree with changes made to secure enough votes for passage.
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/2018-an ... ear-review
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Good to see sniping, blame placement, and fighting among Second Amendment defenders in Ohio. :roll: Productive, and helps the cause. :roll:
High Power

Post by High Power »

Glock Rock wrote:Good to see sniping, blame placement, and fighting among Second Amendment defenders in Ohio. :roll: Productive, and helps the cause. :roll:
I can see your point but in a free society, spirited debate is healthy. The same holds true for organizations that are supposed to have the same goal.

There are plenty of us that feel we've been stabbed in the back too many times by the NRA to ever give them the time of day, let alone anymore money. They've done a lot of good when it comes to firearms and promoting the 2nd Amendment but to overlook what they did to us with the FOPA in 1986 by permitting legislation to pass the bans civilian ownership of any new made Class III firearms and now bump stocks is foolish.

Overlooking what they did is like saying your wife is nice to you for 364 days a year but decides to sleep with everyone in the 7th fleet for one night is okay.

The BFA picked a candidate that's fickle on the 2nd amendment and it may come back to haunt us. I hope I'm wrong on that and will admit it if I see him stand up for our rights and veto any red-flag legislation.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

An SYG law without SYG is a loss, no matter which organization(s) pretend otherwise.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Cruiser wrote:BFA forum has been for several weeks.
https://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The forums are back up, but strangely enough have resumed their original format. That's not what the administration there said was planned.

To make matters worse, I couldn't log in with my username and password. Dug up one of my "recent" posts to see that instead of "Brian D.", my handle was changed to "brian d."

So, I carefully tried that, to no avail. Maybe our passwords were all changed too.

Never saw ANY forum take this long to be updated/rebooted.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:
Cruiser wrote:BFA forum has been for several weeks.
The forums are back up, but strangely enough have resumed their original format. That's not what the administration there said was planned.

To make matters worse, I couldn't log in with my username and password. Dug up one of my "recent" posts to see that instead of "Brian D.", my handle was changed to "brian d."

So, I carefully tried that, to no avail. Maybe our passwords were all changed too.

Never saw ANY forum take this long to be updated/rebooted.
Interesting - I can't even find a login link, and when I browse the Member list, my nickname isn't listed in the "B"s. And it would appear nobody can log in, the forum shows "There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests."
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Were the forums there previously vBulletin forum software? vBulletin may have incorrectly imported the previous database of differet forum software. I've dealt with that numerous times.

EDIT:

Yep, reading an announcement on their forums does confirm that vBulletin is new software for them. Likely a database importation problem and user/group permission problems (incompatible from old to new software).
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I got this message this am. Not even going to mess with it anymore!
You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 1 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

ArmedAviator wrote:Were the forums there previously vBulletin forum software? vBulletin may have incorrectly imported the previous database of differet forum software. I've dealt with that numerous times.

EDIT:

Yep, reading an announcement on their forums does confirm that vBulletin is new software for them. Likely a database importation problem and user/group permission problems (incompatible from old to new software).
They used to be phpBB as I recall. But, they had the vBulletin board up & running and able to log in & post as recently as the day after Christmas, so whatever they did was a recent event unrelated to the db migration.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I can't log in either.
Yesterday I requested an email link three times to change my password and SUCCESSFULLY followed them and changed my password and still can not log in.

I sent an email to their webmaster.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Aaron from BFA just called me and we went through the log in a few times without success.
He searched the data base for my email address and came up blank, so something didn't get imported.
While chatting, I got the idea of trying to search my old email address, and it was there, my complete profile, with pic and everything.
So the database they imported must be pretty old.
I changed my email address with them years ago, when I became a coord.
I remember doing changing it on that site specifically because of the OFCC / BFA relationship.

So Aaron has a lead on what is wrong over there and he wanted me to tell you all that he is working on it.
Like me, he isn't a forum software guy, so it takes longer trying to get someone else to fix it.
So you know what I know

How's that for sniping and placing blame? 8)
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

From their forum:
New forum platform update
Yesterday, 09:37 PM
There are some issues with our data migration to the new vBulletin software. Please be patient as we work through these issues. The new message boards went live on Friday January 11th. Hopefully the problems can be resolved quickly. Profiles have all migrated, but passwords are not able to be carried over. We've discovered a problem with the email recovery system for "forgotten passwords" that is keeping folks from going in and restoring their access. I'll update this post as soon as it's resolved!
So be sure to request a password reset from the "Forgot password" link on the login screen.
NRA Life Member