Officer who shot Tamir Rice won't be getting job back

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Officer who shot Tamir Rice won't be getting job back

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/officer ... td97gsBXO/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CLEVELAND — An arbitrator says the white officer who was fired after fatally shooting a 12-year-old black boy playing with a pellet gun won't get back his job with Cleveland police.

Timothy Loehmann was cleared in the shooting of Tamir Rice but was fired in May 2017 for failing to disclose to Cleveland that he'd been previously forced out by another department.

Loehmann challenged his firing in an arbitration process. The police union confirmed Tuesday that Loehmann lost that challenge.

The Cleveland police union says it will appeal, calling the decision a "witch hunt."
JediSkipdogg

Re: Officer who shot Tamir Rice won't be getting job back

Post by JediSkipdogg »

One thing I never understood is why someone in that role would lie on anything, think they can get away with it, but then when caught, expect to still be able to maintain the job and hold credibility in court.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

JediSkipdogg wrote:One thing I never understood is why someone in that role would lie on anything, think they can get away with it, but then when caught, expect to still be able to maintain the job and hold credibility in court.
How could the 300lb. Chicago cop who stomped the 100lb. barmaid (on video) claim that she "threw him around like a rag doll" and expect to get HIS job back?
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
High Power

Post by High Power »

deanimator wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:One thing I never understood is why someone in that role would lie on anything, think they can get away with it, but then when caught, expect to still be able to maintain the job and hold credibility in court.
How could the 300lb. Chicago cop who stomped the 100lb. barmaid (on video) claim that she "threw him around like a rag doll" and expect to get HIS job back?
I don't know if the bully got his job back or not but here is the video in case some folks forgot what that was like: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loc ... 8-132.html

Here's an article about the Jury award: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

I downloaded the Judgement Entry and here's what it said (emphasis mine):
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AND ADJUDGED that judgment is entered in favor of Plaintiff Karolina Obrycka and against Defendants City of Chicago and Anthony Abbate. Defendant City of Chicago’s motion for directed verdict is denied as moot. The jury returns a verdict in favor of Plaintiff Karolina Obrycka and against Defendant City of Chicago on Plaintiff's claim that Defendant City of Chicago had a persistent widespread custom or practice that was the moving force behind Defendant Abbate's conduct in the bar when he physically beat Plaintiff on 2/19/97. The jury returns a verdict in favor of Plaintiff Karolina Obrycka and against Defendant Anthony Abbate on Plaintiff's claim that Defendant Abbate conspired with others under color of law in violation of Plaintiff's First Amendment rights to Freedom of Speech. Plaintiff is awarded $850,000 in compensatory damages.
Note the chronology of this case. He beat her on 2/19/1997. The complaint was filed by Ms. Obrycka on 4/30/2007. That was ten years after the scumbag SOB beat her. Apparently it took a while for the video to ever see the light of day. You can also bet that the men witnessing the crime didn't want to say anything because of how "honest" the Chicago PD is. The Jury handed out the verdict on 11/13/2012; 5 1/2 years after her complaint was filed and 15 1/2 years after she was beaten. Just from looking at the Court's docket, the SOB and the City of Chicago were fighting like heck to keep this from going to trial.

I don't know if the scumbag was ever charged with felony assault in this case or not. Rogue butt-wipe cops get no sympathy from me.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein