The Kavanaugh Confirmation

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: The Kavanaugh Confirmation

Post by deanimator »

High Power wrote:Image
Yeah, but she was judged not to be credible based on the whole previous mess between her, Julius Caesar and Cleopatra.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Anybody wanna bet there's some "me too" witness crawls out from under a rock pretty soon?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

WestonDon wrote:Anybody wanna bet there's some "me too" witness crawls out from under a rock pretty soon?
With their luck, they'll place Bill Clinton in the room with a pocket full of roofies.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The woman who has accusedJudge Brett M. Kavanaugh of sexual assault has told the Senate Judiciary Committee, in an apparent bid to jump-start negotiations, that she “would be prepared to testify next week,” so long as senators offer “terms that are fair and which ensure her safety,” according to an email her lawyers sent to committee staff members.

In the email, obtained by The New York Times, the lawyer for Christine Blasey Ford said that testifying Monday — the timetable Republicans have set for a hearing — “is not possible and the Committee’s insistence that it occur then is arbitrary in any event.”
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Arbitrary, as in waiting 36 years to claim something happened.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Something I posted on Clevelend.com:
Today, I saw a demand from a Democrat that Kavanaugh "confess".

"Confess" to WHAT?
That he's a Polish spy?
That he tried to blow up a bridge with arsenic?
That he's a "wrecker"?

And if he won't, what's the solution, to keep him up 36 hours in a row? To slam his fingers in a drawer? To threaten his family? Will they at least give him some hints as to his "crime". The "victim's" claims are far too rickety on which to build a show trial.

The more hysterical the Democrats get, the more they resemble Andrei Vyshinski.

Someone needs to tell them that Darkness at Noon and The Gulag Archipelago aren't how-to manuals.
This has all the hallmarks of a Stalinist show trial.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Ford has now been given a fifth extension of her testimony before the committee. The Democrats have successfully delayed the hearings and have hijacked the proceedings. Chairman Chuck Grassley has been played like a fine violin by the Democrats. And the midterm elections are creeping closer.
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

Regardless of what happens from here, the next time the (R)'s on the committee come up for election the (D)'s will plaster ads all over the place about how they hate women, would not let a victim tell her story, blamed the victim, etc.etc.

They put the insurmountable obstacles in place simply so they could say they were "not allowed" to testify about an accused rapist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

One of the things I've been seeing lately online and hearing from a few people in person is "Why doesn't Kavenaugh take a lie detector test to prove his innocence? What is he afraid of? She took one and passed it." This website link is better at explaining it better than I can, although the article leaves out one additional point about lie detector tests. It's also the reason why I mentioned Travis Walton and the alleged UFO abduction case. It's possible that something really did happen to her 36 years ago, but she could be wrong about Kavenaugh being involved. If however she really believes something happened to her or that Kavenaugh was there (either or) she will pass a lie detector test. Like Travis Walton and his five co workers, they could've legitimately saw something they thought was a UFO, but it doesnt mean they actually had an encounter with an alien spaceship.

I had an opportunity many years ago to meet one of the innocent people mentioned in the article below, the guy who failed a lie detector test and spent years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. I couldn't recall his name until I read this article.

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2018/0 ... raph-tests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

With regard to polygraph tests and the use in the courts, read the answers to this question on Quora.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-lie-detec ... can-courts
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

AlanM wrote:With regard to polygraph tests and the use in the courts, read the answers to this question on Quora.

Good link. Here is another, with a funny quote. It must be true, there can't be any bias there. :roll:

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/what ... -detectors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Are the results reliable? According to the American Polygraph Association, when administered correctly, a polygraph test can reveal deceptive answers in over 90% of cases, but this statement is in the minority.
OTOH
One such source is a 2003 Study by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) that found no scientific evidence showing that the physiological reactions measured by the polygraph are only related to deception. The NAS report entitled "The Polygraph and Lie Detection" was presented to Congress and the Department of Energy and stated that "[a]lmost a century of research in scientific psychology and physiology provides little basis for the expectation that a polygraph test could have extremely high accuracy." Even more damaging, the report even expressed doubt that investing in technological development could improve accuracy.
Are polygraph tests admissible in court?

It depends on where you are, as the United States Supreme Court has left it up to individual jurisdictions whether to outlaw polygraph use or set standards for admission, like the 11th Circuit in the federal court system has. On the other hand, in some states, even the mention of a lie detector test can be grounds to ask for a new trial.

In the jurisdictions where polygraphs may be admitted, it is usually where parties have agreed to the test's terms before the exam is administered. At least 29 states have laws requiring certification of examiners.
High Power

Post by High Power »

AlanM wrote:With regard to polygraph tests and the use in the courts, read the answers to this question on Quora.

They have not even released ALL of the results of the polygraph test. They have merely stated that Dr. Ford passed the test. We also don't know who administered and who paid for the test.

I've seen these so-called mental health professionals in action. Their codes of ethics are as worthless as used toilet paper. They can be just as big a psychopath as the ones they evaluate. With that said, their dishonesty has no limits. They can live in a fantasy world that is all their own. Their perceptions become reality and as long as they THINK that something is true. They could pass a lie detector test without skipping a beat.

I was a witness for the defense at a court martial while in the military. Prior to the trial, the prosecutors interviewed me. They tried to get me to back down on my assessment of the defendant. I was a character witness and vouched for his integrity and faithfulness to duty.

I would not back down on the interview then they pulled out the "results" of the polygraph test that he took. As far as I was concerned it was just a bunch of jagged lines on graph paper. Anyway, one of the prosecutors kept pointing to different points on the paper and said, "look here. This is deception here, and here and here."

I told him that I didn't care. Based on my personal observations and work with the defendant, I had no cause to believe he was guilty of the crime he was charged with.

I talked with the defendant afterward. He said that he did agree to the polygraph test but that he was really nervous to begin with. Not only that, shortly after the test was started, he told them that he didn't feel good and wanted to terminate the test. So, I was shown an incomplete test; if it was the defendant's test.

BTW, he was acquitted.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/national-govt ... twQxDXF1J/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Even as lawyers for Dr. Christine Blasey Ford negotiated with the Senate Judiciary Committee over the terms of her possible testimony later this week, a series of possible corroborating witnesses did not back up Ford’s allegations that she was sexually assaulted by Judge Brett Kavanaugh at a party in the 1980’s, raising questions about her explosive claims which have delayed consideration of Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination.

“Dr. Christine Ford claimed she was assaulted at a house party attended by four others,” said White House spokesperson Kerri Kupec. “Since then, all four of these individuals have provided statements to the Senate Judiciary Committee denying any knowledge of the incident or even having attended such a party.”

“These official letters from the 4 named by Dr Ford — denying any knowledge of what Dr Ford has alleged — serve the same purpose as sworn testimony,” said Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT).
Meanwhile, more possible delay from the accuser. I wouldn't be surprised if next week she eventually cancels out altogether, because they didn't meet her demand for "fairness." :roll:
Despite all the reports about an agreement for testimony by Ford, nothing was certain, as the Senate Judiciary Committee was still planning to work with Ford’s legal team on Sunday on the timing of her testimony.

It was possible that both Judge Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford would testify on Thursday, as Senate Democrats pressed for a further investigation into Ford’s claim from the early 1980’s.

“We must treat Dr. Ford’s allegation against Judge Kavanaugh seriously,” said Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA). “We should not rush this process and hurry to a vote.”

As day broke on a chilly, wet morning on Capitol Hill on Sunday, there was still no concrete schedule in place, as GOP Senators were feeling pressure about their votes not only from Democrats, but also from conservative Republican activists.
One of the alleged witnesses mentioned is a woman, so according to some peoples logic her statement is not allowed to be examined or refuted whatsoever.
:roll:
NEWS: Attorney for Leland Keyser, who Dr Ford says was at the party where the alleged incident with Kavanaugh occurred says “Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

qmti wrote:Ford has now been given a fifth extension of her testimony before the committee. The Democrats have successfully delayed the hearings and have hijacked the proceedings. Chairman Chuck Grassley has been played like a fine violin by the Democrats. And the midterm elections are creeping closer.
Oy, or squish, as you see fit.

There's a new allegation and a new allegator....
Senate Democrats are investigating a new allegation of sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh.
The claim dates to the 1983-84 academic school year, when Kavanaugh was a freshman at Yale University. The offices of at least four Democratic senators have received information about the allegation, and at least two have begun investigating it. Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote. The Democratic Senate offices reviewing the allegations believe that they merit further investigation. “This is another serious, credible, and disturbing allegation against Brett Kavanaugh. It should be fully investigated,” Senator Mazie Hirono, of Hawaii, said. An aide in one of the other Senate offices added, “These allegations seem credible, and we’re taking them very seriously. If established, they’re clearly disqualifying.”

This is why due process is so critical.
This is why we have rights and can't simply be destroyed on sight when people make a claim against us.
This is why MWAG calls are so dangerous...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Just a test post to see if it comes through, pardon the interruption.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.