Shooting at Atlanta Walmart lot over parking space

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Shooting at Atlanta Walmart lot over parking space

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/new ... KuUyFcZqN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happened approx. 530pm on a sunday. The link doesn't mention if the shooter had a CC license or not.
Bruenor

Re: Shooting at Atlanta Walmart lot over parking space

Post by Bruenor »

Didn't realise Walmarts were so hard up on parking spaces people needed to fight over them...
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Bruenor wrote:Didn't realise Walmarts were so hard up on parking spaces people needed to fight over them...
People get pretty incensed about parking places. I had a woman call the cops on me once because I parked in a handicapped spot and she didn't think someone with a handicapped placquard should be driving an MX5.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

schmieg wrote:
Bruenor wrote:Didn't realise Walmarts were so hard up on parking spaces people needed to fight over them...
People get pretty incensed about parking places. I had a woman call the cops on me once because I parked in a handicapped spot and she didn't think someone with a handicapped placquard should be driving an MX5.
she had good reason........
i highly doubt you were rattleing your trunk lid & pants were not below the crack of your ace :mrgreen:

imagine that (Atlanta-WalMart-Shooting) in the same sentence :?
BOB
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

ESAFO wrote:
schmieg wrote:
she had good reason........
i highly doubt you were rattleing your trunk lid & pants were not below the crack of your ace :mrgreen:

imagine that (Atlanta-WalMart-Shooting) in the same sentence :?
The cop was a bit put out when he saw the placquard on the mirror and the cane I was walking with. She had flagged him down to get him to give me a ticket.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

schmieg wrote:The cop was a bit put out when he saw the placquard on the mirror and the cane I was walking with. She had flagged him down to get him to give me a ticket.
How dare you offend her preconceived notions.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

One day when I was sitting in the drivers seat of a car of a relative in a parking lot, a guy came up and approached the window. He seemed upset and kurtly asked me if I was handicapped. I said "I'm not, but.." and he immediantly said that I wasn't supposed to be parked in a handicapped space. I informed him that the owner of the car was handicapped, and I was only driving the car for her. The owner of the car was in the store. He said "You need to hang the handicap placard from the mirror so people will know" I informed him that if he looks at the license plate he will see that it has the handicapped symbol on it. He stormed off and I thought I'd seen the last of him. Unfortunitely when the relative came out of the store with a walker not a wheelchair (my sister was walking with her, he approached again, angrily stating the handicapped parking was only for people who needed a wheelchair. The relative looked afraid, and rightly so. I got out of the car to position myself between him and my family, and calmly informed him that he was incorrect on that. He stated no he wasn't, and I told him if he didn't believe me he should ask a police officer. I then said, "in fact why don't I call one right now?" He angrily muttered a profanity and walked off after I dialed 911.

When the officer arrived I found out that this wasn't the first complaint they had on the guy.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/sho ... lKPBhQFzI/

As it turns out there may be more to the story. Whenever headlines say something like "an argument over a parking spot" you never know. The shooting victim apparently almost hit the shooter's girlfriend while pulling out of a parking spot and got out of the vehicle to argue. The girlfriend ended up slapping the guy before her boyfriend shot him. The prosecutor said there was serious provocation which is why manslaughter instead of murder and that the charges were "fluid". It being a Walmart parking lot there is video...

BTW, the victim survived being imprisoned during the war in Bosnia.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Update: charge upgraded to Murder

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/bre ... erSutNInJ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

It appears the victim left the initial confrontation and the woman followed him to his parking space and slapped him while her boyfriend pulled a gun and shot him. They are saying that reviewing the video made it clear that there was no provocation, thus the upgrade to murder and they are examining whether initiating the confrontation makes the girlfriend a party to the crime of murder. Should be interesting to view the video when the time comes.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.