Fairfield officer shoots man stabbing a woman

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Fairfield officer shoots man stabbing a woman

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/coroner ... do-complex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although there's probably a lot of stories out there similar to this, when I saw this one I thought of a book published many years ago called "Dial 911 and die". If they ever do an updated version of it, this could probably be included. :( Sadly while the cop was certainly justified in shooting the guy (IMO) the police many times can't get there in time to stop someone from suffering fatal wounds. That's not the fault of the police, no matter how quickly they try to respond. How many times have I heard anti gun or anti self defense zeolots say, "You don't need a gun for self defense, if you have a problem just call 911." :(

If she had been armed, or if someone else there had been armed, could her life have been saved? Can't say for certain, but she would have at least had a better chance than what happened.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Fairfield officer shoots man stabbing a woman

Post by WhyNot »

Absolutely horrible.

One take away I observed, once again, as in so many times in the past at this point perhaps uncountable, the neighbor ladies comments. ''I've lived here XX years and its always so nice, never imagined anything like this could happen.'' I believe her to be very sincere and probably even a model neighbor, no loud parties, keeps weeds pulled cuts grass, come over ever so often hotdogs on the grill etc.

Everything is always Ok until...it is not. And until there is a majic formula to predict that precise moment; wear your seat belt, keep fire extinguishers at various locations in the house, have a viable plan for self defense.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
High Power

Post by High Power »

WhyNot wrote:Absolutely horrible.

One take away I observed, once again, as in so many times in the past at this point perhaps uncountable, the neighbor ladies comments. ''I've lived here XX years and its always so nice, never imagined anything like this could happen.'' I believe her to be very sincere and probably even a model neighbor, no loud parties, keeps weeds pulled cuts grass, come over ever so often hotdogs on the grill etc.

Everything is always Ok until...it is not. And until there is a majic formula to predict that precise moment; wear your seat belt, keep fire extinguishers at various locations in the house, have a viable plan for self defense.
Well said! In some discussions that I've had with people unfamiliar with the firearms issue, I compare a firearm to a fire extinguisher.

I ask them, if they have a fire extinguisher in their home. Some folks respond in the affirmative.

Then I ask them if they ever look forward to using it. After a puzzled look, I usually have to repeat the question. The smart ones get the point right away.

The liberals will still look at me with a puzzled look.

When I give them the answer to my question along with an explanation the liberal will usually say something like; "I still don't understand why you want to have a gun." or "So, what's your point?" or "You are trying to compare apples to oranges. We're not talking about fire extinguishers."

Oh well, I guess we can't fix stupid.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

High Power wrote: When I give them the answer to my question along with an explanation the liberal will usually say something like; "I still don't understand why you want to have a gun." or "So, what's your point?" or "You are trying to compare apples to oranges. We're not talking about fire extinguishers."

Oh well, I guess we can't fix stupid.
The last time I used the fire extinguisher comparison to an anti gunner the response I got was "But a child won't accidentally kill someone with a fire extinguisher." I replied that none of my children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren have ever injured or killed someone with any of my guns. No gun owners I personally know have had children accidentally kill anyone either.

It's totally possible to be a safe and responsible gun owner, but some people choose not to become educated on how to reduce the possibility of an accident happening. Either that, or they know but choose not to do what is needed. Most of those people are not NRA or other law abiding gun owners. In fact, the last accidental shooting nearest to me involving a child was one where the child got ahold of a handgun left unattended by a convicted felon and alleged drug dealer who wasn't supposed to have the gun anyway. The time before that, same situation. Drug dealer and felon with a gun. :(