London murder rate has allegedly now surpassed NYC

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

London murder rate has allegedly now surpassed NYC

Post by M-Quigley »

Must be fake news, London is a gun control paradise, and only guns cause crime, every anti gunner knows that. :roll:
Casualty actress Mika Simmons, who lives on the tree-lined street, claimed the victim was a delivery driver but cops denied this when asked by the Sun Online.

She tweeted: "A young black man has just been stabbed to death outside my flat on Cathcart Road, in Chelsea.

"I’ve been told he was working as a delivery driver & refused to give some other youths some money."

"@SadiqKhan @theresa_may when are you going to help these children? #KnifeCrime #London”
London has been gripped by bloody violence with around 67 people murdered since the start of 2018.

The spike in violent crime meant the murder rate in London overtook New York for the first time.

It comes despite the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, publishing a knife crime strategy last June and a number of other initiatives from local and central government.

Scotland Yard figures released this month show in the year to March there has been a 23% rise in gun crime and a 21% increase in knife crime.

Blade offences are at their highest level since 2011,
according to the Office for National Statistics.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6417289/c ... me-latest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: London murder rate has allegedly now surpassed NYC

Post by kcclark »

I thought somebody else had already posted this but appears you are the first. This made a lot of headlines back at the beginning of April. We have been dancing around it in the "I was waiting for this!" thread.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: London murder rate has allegedly now surpassed NYC

Post by kcclark »

You may have posted about it on April 7th with "Murder spike in London includes gun violence." The story you linked does not work anymore so will not know for sure.