store employee shoots robber who threatened woman with knife

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

store employee shoots robber who threatened woman with knife

Post by M-Quigley »

They actually allow CC in Mass.? (sarcasm)
The name of the business is "No name grocery II" If it's a mom and pop place, the employee's job is probably safe. :)
The clerk pulled out his gun, and the customer fell to the ground. With the customer safely out of the way, the clerk shot the suspect three times.

Ahorrio dropped the knife and ran, police say. The clerk chased him and ordered him to the ground before running back to check on customers.

The clerk and the customers escaped injury. Police confiscated the clerk’s weapon and license to carry while the investigation is completed.
A day after the incident, customers came out to support the store clerk, who was not identified.

“I think he did what he had to do. Somebody’s trying to take your stuff, you’ve got to defend yourself, defend your place of business,” one man said. “This is probably what he uses to feed his family. He’s just doing what he’s got to do to protect his.”
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/05/27/w ... ts-robber/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: store employee shoots robber who threatened woman with k

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:They actually allow CC in Mass.? (sarcasm)
The clerk and the customers escaped injury. Police confiscated the clerk’s weapon and license to carry while the investigation is completed.
/
This is a telling statement though. A no brainer self defense case and they confiscate not only the weapon, but the license. The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

It is called "Masshole" for a reason.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

schmieg wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:They actually allow CC in Mass.? (sarcasm)
/
This is a telling statement though. A no brainer self defense case and they confiscate not only the weapon, but the license. The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.
Do other states normally do that? (Confiscate the license I mean)
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:
schmieg wrote:
M-Quigley wrote: The clerk and the customers escaped injury. Police confiscated the clerk’s weapon and license to carry while the investigation is completed.
Do other states normally do that? (Confiscate the license I mean)
They will often take the gun during an investigation, but I've not heard of taking the license before.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ I am neither a lawyer or a law-man, so I don't have either of those backgrounds to draw on when making my statement to-follow, but same with schmieg, that's not something that I've heard/read about....

It's often said that one should have a second defensive gun - preferably a carbon copy - at-the-ready for various scenarios such as the need for protracted service on the weapon or when the defensive firearm is seized as evidence in an investigation...but I don't think having a spare license is possible?

What would happen, legally speaking, if the shooter has a second weapon *and* a recognized out-of-state license?
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

TSiWRX wrote:
What would happen, legally speaking, if the shooter has a second weapon *and* a recognized out-of-state license?
Taxachussetts would know about any other carry licenses, and your other guns. They'd seize those as well.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ :(
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

TSiWRX wrote:^ :(
Well, what else would you expect to happen in a state where guns must be registered, generally speaking?

Years ago I knew a couple of competition shooters who lived in Massachusetts, because their employers had military contracts with the feds there. They were able to get carry licenses issued, but they were more the exception than the norm. And, they both had "off the books" guns, in the event the cops took all their registered ones after a defensive shooting.

We roll our eyes about "off the books" here in Ohio, but don't think for a second there aren't around-the-bend lefties in OUR statehouse who'd love nothing better than registration.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:
TSiWRX wrote:^ :(
Well, what else would you expect to happen in a state where guns must be registered, generally speaking?

Years ago I knew a couple of competition shooters who lived in Massachusetts, because their employers had military contracts with the feds there. They were able to get carry licenses issued, but they were more the exception than the norm. And, they both had "off the books" guns, in the event the cops took all their registered ones after a defensive shooting.

We roll our eyes about "off the books" here in Ohio, but don't think for a second there aren't around-the-bend lefties in OUR statehouse who'd love nothing better than registration.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm impressed that a pizza shop employee could get a license there.
-- Mike

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D., that's a good point. I think you just slapped me back to reality, there. :P