Man waiting for hunting license pages Walmart emp. himself

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Man waiting for hunting license pages Walmart emp. himself

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/WATCH- ... 76241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LAWRENCEBURG, Ky. (WKYT) - A Lawrenceburg man is becoming a viral sensation after posting a short video of him getting on the intercom for help.

Forrest Hunter posted the video on Facebook Friday, and within four days, it had more than 1.6 million views.

The video shows him in the sporting goods section when he picks up the telephone to speak on the intercom.

"Customer needs assistance in sporting goods please? I'm the customer."

A Walmart associate came over afterward and helped him.

"A guy walked up and asked if I️ needed any help. I️ said, 'How’d you know?' Then I️ bought my hunting license," Hunter told WKYT.
Reminds me of that comedian who says, "Here's your sign." :)
Hunter said the associate was a little embarrassed when he came over, but he did not get in trouble and was able to get assistance.
Bruenor

Re: Man waiting for hunting license pages Walmart emp. himse

Post by Bruenor »

Wow that's all it takes to become a viral sensation ?
I can't count the number of times I've used their phone to call for assistance to the gun counter, or other department in those stores. Thought that's what they were there for.. Maybe people aren't used to seeing someone take matters into their own hands.

I should post a video of me in a restaurant with my hand raised to get some service. People will be utterly amazed.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Bruenor wrote:Wow that's all it takes to become a viral sensation ?
Doesn't take much I guess. If I'd have videoed all the crazy stuff my wifes cat did while it was alive I probably could've made some good money on Youtube. :roll:

Check out the name of the guy getting the hunting license. :)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I've looked up the WM intercom codes online; some unhappy employee or former employee puts the info up on a regular basis. Not exactly NSA operative skill set needed.

I paged someone to sporting goods that way once. It works, but the store ain't thrilled.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I've done this too.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I ALWAYS have trouble getting somebody to the ammunition counter, but I've never used the intercom.

I suspect that at Dick's, nobody would come even IF you used the intercom.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.