Cle- Wolfpack gunshot response team - Before EMS arrives

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Cle- Wolfpack gunshot response team - Before EMS arrives

Post by Bruenor »

Not sure which neighborhood these guys live in, but glad I don't live there. Trauma med training is still a good idea.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/e-t ... ms-arrives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deondrae says he and his brother were innocent bystanders.

"He got caught in the crossfire and no one knew anything about anything," said Glover. "That was another big deal about why I wanted to participate."

Now, Glover is part of the Wolfpack Gunshot Response team, patrolling near where he and his brother were hit. The team is trained to treat any traumatic injury, but they're focused on gunshot wounds because the reality is their community sees a lot of them.

"It's truly not our fault, it's just where we were born and raised," said Glover. "A lot of us are innocent."
Find a Free class near you.
https://cms.bleedingcontrol.org/class/search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Cle- Wolfpack gunshot response team - Before EMS arrives

Post by TSiWRX »

The Channel 5 WEWS newscast, at around time-mark 1:30, shows a multi-story building at the corner of what appears to be Chester.

I *_think_* that's the building at the northeast corner of Chester and E.55th,Wilson Apartments, in what used to be the Hough neighborhood:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.506226, ... 312!8i6656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The interview with Mr. Glover also shows the exterior of the building, the distinctive eaves.

Their GoFundMe page ( https://www.gofundme.com/cle-wolfpack-g ... ponse-team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) shows the following:
April 15, 2018 marked a historic day in Cleveland, Ohio. Four young adults ranging from 19-29 became the first civilian gunshot response team in Ohio history. Not to mention they are African American and from the projects The Willson Towers and Willson Family Projects. These projects have been known to be one of the most violent housing projects under CMHA. Brenesha Lightfoot , Deandre Boss Hog Glover, Belton Sanders along with local activist and Washington DC native Suncere Ali Shakur . Make up The Wolfpack Gunshot Response Team Of Cleveland. Deandre Glover also better known as Boss Hog himself was a gunshot wound survivor taking two slugs in the back during a shot out outside a bar one night. Brenesha Lightfoot who works as a school aid with small children Belton Sanders a reliable gentle giant and great community person All three young adults are helping to change the way the world look at people from the projects. They completed their Stop The Bleeding Course. Now are ready to help save lives in a word of steadily increase gun and bomb violence. The Wolfpack Gunshot Response Team needs support. We are just starting out as a non profit and heavily rely on donations for equipment , uniforms and transportation to classes to up grade their training. Please go to our GoFund Me and make a donation also below is a list of medical supplies we need for our Trauma Kits https://www.gordonsquarecpr.org/bleedin ... mendations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; For more information please call Sunni Shakur @ [redacted: Forum Term of Use]
I'm impressed by their initiative, goals, and the homework they've done. Gonna toss a few bucks at them with my coming paycheck, for-sure.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Good eye, I didn't get a chance to watch the video at work, but I guess I spoke too soon, that WAS my old neighborhood. I lived down there around 5000 Euclid Ave for a number of years when I moved to Cleveland in the 80's. My first and only DGU was in that neighborhood, then years later I turned the gun I used in that DGU to the 'buyback' around the corner at the new 3rd District HQ. Had to turn it in for, umm reasons.... not really sure why I kept it as long as I did.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I pass through that area occasionally.

I try not to do so at stupid hours - what with The Rules of the Iron Triangle and all, ya know. :wink:
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I always used to say my front door opens onto Euclid avenue, and my back door opens into the projects. Really surprised I never ran into much trouble in the neighborhood considering all the poor choices made at that young and dumb age. With all the late night walks to the Sunoco at 55th and Euclid to buy beer when we ran out.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ I really think that most of the time, we're just lucky.

East Baltimore (although one could always debate that West Baltimore is/was worse :lol:) was where I spent a considerable part of my time during my late-undergrad years, and about the worst thing that ever happened to me was that someone tried to sell me a $200 Walkman for $25. :P There were parts of the N. Charles Street/uptown area which were also quite, uh, un-inviting, but for the most part, I really never saw any issues.

God/The Gods have a special place in his/their heart(s) for the young and ignorant. :mrgreen: