Don't you know who I am !!! These officers did a nice job

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Don't you know who I am !!! These officers did a nice job

Post by Bruenor »

These officers handled this self important bridge troll really well, and with a lot of restraint. I would have been sorely tempted to inappropriately taze her, just to get her out of my face (guess I don't have the proper temperament to be a police officer). Glad to hear that after this incident, she lost her job as a commissioner who 'has 4000 police officers reporting to her', as well as her position on the Ethics committee.
Also liked how the officer makes sure she has his name and badge number, before she rides off on her broom, I mean in her SUV with the kids.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -stop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
8 minute video
Caren Z. Turner, 60, a Democratic Party lobbyist,
Turner had served as the ethics chair of the Port Authority before her resignation.
Turner was appointed commissioner last year by former Governor Chris Christie.
She has served on finance committees of Hillary Clinton and former Governor Jon Corzine.
When the officer explains to Turner that the vehicle is unregistered, she asks: ‘Why were they pulled over, first of all?’

‘Miss…’ the officer says before he is cut off.

‘Don’t call me “Miss”,’ Turner says angrily. ‘I’m “Commissioner”. Thank you.’

‘Commissioner, all due respect, the driver will tell you,’ the officer says.

‘No, no, no, I need to know,’ she says.

‘The car is getting towed now,’ the officer says.

‘Why is the car getting towed?’ Turner asks the officer.

‘Go ask him,’ the officer replies.

When Turner insists on getting an answer, the officer, exasperated, tells her: ‘Miss, this does not involve you one per cent.’

Turner replies: ‘Yeah, it does.’
‘You cannot even tell me, a mother living in Tenafly for 20 years, with two kids who went through the school system, what the problem is. And that’s shocking.’

When the officer suggests that they all move off the road due to safety reasons, she calls the officers ‘pathetic’ for ‘not being able to put a sentence together.’

‘You are a disappointment,’ she says to the other officer, who was mostly quiet as his partner tried to explain the situation to Turner.

When the officer tells her: ‘You may take [your daughter and her friends] now,’ Turner replies: ‘You may not tell me when to take my child.’

‘You may shut the f*** up and not tell me when I may take my kid and her friends who are PhD students from MIT and Yale,’ she says.

‘You may tell me nothing,’ Turner says. ‘Shame on you.

‘I will be talking to the chief of police. And I will be speaking to the mayor.’

When the officer volunteers his badge number, she says: ‘I got your name. Don’t you worry.’

The officer replies: ‘As long as you got all the information right.’

‘Have a pleasant weekend,’ the officer says.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Don't you know who I am !!! These officers did a nice jo

Post by schmieg »

While part of the reason for the stop seems a bit over the top (tinted windows on an out of state vehicle and a license plate frame on an out of state vehicle), the officers were otherwise much more accommodating to her than I would have been.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Again we have to get news of a Democrat acting like an butt from British news services.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
rattlehead

Post by rattlehead »

Ethics chair, huh?
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

schmieg wrote:While part of the reason for the stop seems a bit over the top
It is NJ which i consider a no-go zone due to things like that. heaven forbid they find an empty case or hollow point in your car from some range trip..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Bruenor wrote:
schmieg wrote:While part of the reason for the stop seems a bit over the top
It is NJ which i consider a no-go zone due to things like that. heaven forbid they find an empty case or hollow point in your car from some range trip..
The only time I was in NJ was returning from Germany while in the Army. Had to pick up my car at Bayonne. I don't think the 1911 and .357 I had in my luggage was as big of a problem as it would be today. I've never gone back and I never intend to.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I drove to New Jersey 9 years ago to pick up an AMC Eagle from an individual. I kept my .45 locked in the truck lockbox loaded with hollow points. I doubt I would have been allowed to go straight home if I had been caught with that. :shock:

Those officers did keep their cool very well; how would Officer Harless have handled it? :P
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Javelin Man wrote:I drove to New Jersey 9 years ago to pick up an AMC Eagle from an individual. I kept my .45 locked in the truck lockbox loaded with hollow points. I doubt I would have been allowed to go straight home if I had been caught with that. :shock:

Those officers did keep their cool very well; how would Officer Harless have handled it? :P
That was a case that Officer Haless would have been perfect for.
-- Mike

Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Javelin Man wrote: I doubt I would have been allowed to go straight home if I had been caught with that. :shock:
Could read Brian Aitkens memoir and find out how it might have gone for you..

The Blue Tent Sky
In 2010 Brian Aitken was sentenced to seven years in prison for possessing firearms he legally owned. He lost everything, including custody of his son, for a crime he did not commit. After spending four months in behind bars, Governor Chris Christie demanded his release. This is his story.
If I recall Gov. Christie waited to use the release to garner political favor in an upcoming election, and commuted his sentence but did not pardon him.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I have friends who visit here from NJ. They come down to socialize over cigars and libations with us locals. Because of the greatly reduced prices and taxes here, they stock up on stogies and liquor to take home. Even though they're buying for future personal use, I'm sure the NJ authorities would consider them to be smugglers.

And, they understand why I have no interest in setting foot in their state; a couple of them own guns back home, but for all the bs laws, they might as well have bought baseball bats for personal defense purposes instead.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.