San Fran cops fire 65 shots, no one hit

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

San Fran cops fire 65 shots, no one hit

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/01/sa ... video.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the video in the link isn't viewable on your device, try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6ec6YsdwY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; san fran cops 65 shots

The suspect was allegedly inside a trailer if I read or heard that correctly. (haven't had any coffee yet)
"Nobody was struck by gunfire during this incident. The evidence in the case so far indicates Armstrong fired two rounds from a weapon, and that seven officers fired 65 rounds from their department-issued weapons," SFPD Commander Greg McEachern told KTVU.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: San Fran cops fire 65 shots, no one hit

Post by qmti »

Us old timers remember the Clint Eastwood movie the "Gauntlet" where Clint was in a bus riddled with bullets. He didn't get hit either. San Fran cops need more target practice.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Police there get way more training in how to be social workers for the homeless, drug addicts, etc. than anything to do with use of force.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
k3m1c6

Post by k3m1c6 »

No one was hit because the SFPD where unable to varify the man was a US citizen and did not want to risk hitting an illegal immigrant!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I heard the PD ammo supply got mixed up with Hollywood Studios.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

These are the kind of stories that folks use to argue that teachers shouldn't be armed and that civilians in general shouldn't have guns.

(But hey, doesn't it also indicate that cops shouldn't be armed either?)
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

qmti wrote:Us old timers remember the Clint Eastwood movie the "Gauntlet" where Clint was in a bus riddled with bullets. He didn't get hit either. San Fran cops need more target practice.

LOL!
When I saw that, I thought it SO FAKE, thinking that professionals would not miss. :roll:
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Maybe each one didn't want to fire the killing shot! A not-me reaction.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
High Power

Post by High Power »

So if they were to respond to a school shooting the odds would be 65-0 that they wouldn't be able to take out the gunman even if they were to enter the building.

That's another reason why I don't want to depend on a cop to protect me when I need him or her.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

High Power wrote:So if they were to respond to a school shooting the odds would be 65-0 that they wouldn't be able to take out the gunman even if they were to enter the building.

That's another reason why I don't want to depend on a cop to protect me when I need him or her.
I recall when my late brother-in-law stopped at an accident when a woman hit a deer. The police officer showed up and took the data, but the deer was still in distress and no state rangers available. The officer pulled his service revolver to take the deer down and couldn't pull the trigger, plus was shaking so badly he would have missed anyway. Finally, he gave my brother-in-law (whom he knew) the gun and had him shoot the deer.

Not all cops are Clint Eastwood.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
High Power

Post by High Power »

schmieg wrote:
High Power wrote:So if they were to respond to a school shooting the odds would be 65-0 that they wouldn't be able to take out the gunman even if they were to enter the building.

I recall when my late brother-in-law stopped at an accident when a woman hit a deer. The police officer showed up and took the data, but the deer was still in distress and no state rangers available. The officer pulled his service revolver to take the deer down and couldn't pull the trigger, plus was shaking so badly he would have missed anyway. Finally, he gave my brother-in-law (whom he knew) the gun and had him shoot the deer.

Not all cops are Clint Eastwood.
I've been on too many shooting ranges and watched some of them shoot. Not all of them were bad shots but most of them had me well above the concerned level. Most of them seemed either uncomfortable with their weapon or too cocky and still couldn't hit anything.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Must be graduates from the NYPD marksmanship course....
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

schmieg wrote:Not all cops are Clint Eastwood.
In Broward County, they're not even Barney Fife...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

TJW815 wrote:Must be graduates from the NYPD marksmanship course....
Nah, they didn't hit any bystanders.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

High Power wrote:I've been on too many shooting ranges and watched some of them shoot. Not all of them were bad shots but most of them had me well above the concerned level. Most of them seemed either uncomfortable with their weapon or too cocky and still couldn't hit anything.
When the Cuyahoga County Pistol League shot at Gray's Armory in downtown Cleveland, the place looked like a set from "Gauntlet". There were bullet holes EVERYWHERE... except the end of the range.

Years later I was exploring setting up a CHL training business with somebody and we considered the Armory as a potential venue.

The range was night and day different from the last time I'd seen it. It was nearly immaculate.

The manager explained that the CMHA Police used to practice there. They had done so much damage to the range (and behind the firing line) that they were invited to not return.