Grove City Walgreens CCW Shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dfrea

Grove City Walgreens CCW Shooting

Post by dfrea »

I haven't seen this posted here yet, elderly man defending himself with CCW at Grove City Walgreens.

https://www.10tv.com/article/police-man ... -walgreens
Bruenor

Re: Grove City Walgreens CCW Shooting

Post by Bruenor »

Over to the Grand Jury. not much detail available for this incident.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180226/a ... -to-decide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The man who shot Wells — whose identity has not been released by Grove City police — had a concealed-carry permit and told police that he shot Wells in self-defense, said Lt. Brian Davidson of the Grove City police. He was taken into custody and questioned, but not charged.

After gathering all the evidence, detectives will turn the case over to the Franklin County grand jury to make a decision on whether the man with the gun should be charged, Davidson said.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Lots of rumors floating about this one, but I tend to lean toward the ones from employees that work there. (My wife has a close friend whose daughter has worked there for 2-3 years now.)

Short story - older guy was verbally being a jerk to cashier and/or other customers while in line. Customer took offense at the old guy being a jerk, and became physically involved. Old guy tried to get away, running down an aisle to escape the younger guy. Younger guy pursued with seemingly the intent to continue to inflict bodily harm. Old guy pulled a gun and fired.

This is based on witness accounts, as told to another employee - who then relayed it to my wife. The employee told my wife which aisle, and pointed out all the product had been removed from the location due to blood - which my wife confirmed an aisle with empty shelving when she stopped in a few days ago.

Take it as rumor, but sounds like a clean shoot if it holds true. You are permitted to be a jerk, but that does not entitle someone to beat on you.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dfrea

Post by dfrea »

Yep, I spoke to one of the officers (our sons are in scouts together). Clean shoot based on video and witnesses. Might get hung up on carrying in a CPZ - he said they were posted (I've never been there). But they're leaving it up to grand jury.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

dfrea wrote:Yep, I spoke to one of the officers (our sons are in scouts together). Clean shoot based on video and witnesses. Might get hung up on carrying in a CPZ - he said they were posted (I've never been there). But they're leaving it up to grand jury.
I've never noticed the Walgreen's by me being posted...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
k3m1c6

Post by k3m1c6 »

I have never noticed any Walgreens posted but will stop by on my way home tonight and check since this Walgreens is on the way.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

The 3 nearest Walgreens nearest to me in my section of Ohio weren't posted the last time I was in them. I even saw an open carrier come in once,(holstered pistol on belt) and the employee didn't say anything to him or bat an eye about it.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

One of the perks of reaching old age is the right to be obnoxious.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
dfrea

Post by dfrea »

I drove by the front door this morning, I sure didn't see a sign (among all the other crap).
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

schmieg wrote:One of the perks of reaching old age is the right to be obnoxious.
Yep, it's fun being an equal opportunity annoyer.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

dfrea wrote:I drove by the front door this morning, I sure didn't see a sign (among all the other crap).

I have been in that Walgreen's many, many times - never saw a sign at any point.

I might have to go take a look today at lunch.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;