Kasich outlines possible state gun control proposals

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Kasich outlines possible state gun control proposals

Post by WhyNot »

''I encourage you to also share your thoughts with your representatives at the state and ...''

I certainly will. Buy a bag of nuts, put in mouth, run up tree and feel right at home for the remainder of your term
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Most of those recommendations really don't mean much which is good, but an exercise in futility.

What we have to worry about with him is wanting to eliminate the private sale exemption, firearms and mag bans and so on.

My fear is that a bunch of stuff will be introduced into the legislature and tabled which will result in initiatives for the ballot this fall.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

schmieg wrote:Most of those recommendations really don't mean much which is good, but an exercise in futility.

What we have to worry about with him is wanting to eliminate the private sale exemption, firearms and mag bans and so on.

My fear is that a bunch of stuff will be introduced into the legislature and tabled which will result in initiatives for the ballot this fall.
That is exactly right. Things that we know to be extremely damaging to freedom and the constitution itself may seem perfectly reasonable to the general population. Including many gun owners.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

However :idea: ...
If it's not delivered to (??) whoever approves the ballot wording , it also is effectively nuetered. Correct?
And that cannot happen while in committee, languishing with schedule conflicts, and the occasional hearing. Then tabled say, Sept 1st. Meanwhile generating much needed $$$ for whoever is against it etc
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

"Seeing as how he won’t disclose the group’s members I strongly suspect it is entirely make believe.[/quote]
He's probably the only one in the group.[/quote]

That would still make this statement true.

"The governor’s office declined to disclose the members of the group, but Kasich said they are on both sides of the gun debate"
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

walnut red wrote:"Seeing as how he won’t disclose the group’s members I strongly suspect it is entirely make believe.
He's probably the only one in the group.[/quote]

That would still make this statement true.

"The governor’s office declined to disclose the members of the group, but Kasich said they are on both sides of the gun debate"[/quote]

I just read a article over on BFA website listing who is on the committee. Majority is bias when it comes to gun ownership if the article is correct.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

BFA had several good articles Fri.
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/john-ka ... sory-board" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Kasich's (Not-So) Pro-Second Amendment Advisory Board:
Abandon ye all HOPE!