Ohio teen who killed himself at school planned to kill other

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Ohio teen who killed himself at school planned to kill other

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/pol ... uoxWKXD1M/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JACKSON TWP., Summit County — A 13-year-old boy who shot and killed himself in school last month intended to carry out an eight-step school shooting.

The teen shot himself in the head just before 8 a.m. Feb. 20 with a semiautomatic rifle at Jackson Middle School in northern Ohio. The teen’s name is not being released by this news outlet.

Jackson Twp. Police Chief Mark Brink said the student did not use social media often, but they found notes on his phone that showed his “intentions to harm others” through detailed plans in the memo section of his phone.

Authorities said the student had 80 rounds of ammunition on him but do not know why he changed his mind and shot himself.
Among his ramblings about wanting to kill as many people as possible, he allegedly wrote this:
Feb. 18: “I’m going to die doing it, I hate those people, when they interview my parents and ask how they didn’t see the signs they should know it’s not them it’s me and it’s because of how I see the world...I’d hurt and destroy something bigger but my schools an easy target...”
This is the 2nd teenager in the US in the last 6 months to express picking a particular school for a mass shooting for this reason. :(
ESAFO

Re: Ohio teen who killed himself at school planned to kill o

Post by ESAFO »

This school is about 20min from me & according to local news this morning, he came out of the bathroom brandishing the weapon & nobody noticed it.
Then he returned back into the restroom & that's when someone noticed it, that person went to go get help & this is when he shot himself.
I have been past this school many times throughout the day during school hours & there is always a empty Sheriffs cruiser in the parking lot, assuming there is a armed patrol inside the school during hours.
BOB
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

ESAFO wrote:This school is about 20min from me & according to local news this morning, he came out of the bathroom brandishing the weapon & nobody noticed it.
Was no one around at the time to see him? How do you brandish a rifle in a school and nobody notice? :roll: (I think I know the answer, just being sarcastic)
ESAFO wrote:Then he returned back into the restroom & that's when someone noticed it, that person went to go get help & this is when he shot himself.
I have been past this school many times throughout the day during school hours & there is always a empty Sheriffs cruiser in the parking lot, assuming there is a armed patrol inside the school during hours.
So does anyone have any opinions on what he was allegedly referring to when he said the school was an "easy target"? Could suicide have been his original intent or goal, and the rest, the extra ammo and the ramblings, was just for show or to confuse people about his real intent?
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

Ooooo I understand completely but even with trying to put the pieces together kids these days are very sly & precise in there actions.
It's a shame this is what it comes down to when you have your whole life ahead of you.......
BOB
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Note he wanted to be known (famous) like the Columbine shooters, and he picked his school because it was an easy (soft) target where no defense or guns were allowed.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

I am glad he did not hurt anyone besides himself, and very sad that one so young is gone forever. But can someone please explain how he got a rifle past the "no guns" signage?
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

techmike wrote:I am glad he did not hurt anyone besides himself, and very sad that one so young is gone forever. But can someone please explain how he got a rifle past the "no guns" signage?
Couldn't read? :?:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Jackson is my alma mater. I have a niece and nephew in that school. A friend of mine knows the ER nurse that was treating the boy. According to her the shot angle does not indicate suicide but rather an accidental shooting. He apparently lived a couple of days before they pulled the plug as he was brain dead. This is all third hand info so take it for what it’s worth. Sad case.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin