Walmart adopting 21 age limit for guns and ammo

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Walmart to raise age of firearm and ammo sales to 21

Post by M-Quigley »

http://dennismichaellynch.com/walmart-a ... statement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In light of recent events, we’ve taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for the purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age. We will update our processes as quickly as possible to implement this change.
We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm. The law would allow the sale of a firearm if no response to a background check request has been received within three business days, but our policy prohibits the sale until an approval is given.

We are also removing items from our website resembling assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys. Our heritage as a company has always been in serving sportsmen and hunters, and we will continue to do so in a responsible way.
Curzyk

Walmart adopting 21 age limit for guns and ammo

Post by Curzyk »

Headline: Walmart Raises Age to Buy Firearms to 21 Following Florida School Shooting
Link: http://fortune.com/2018/02/28/walmart-firearms-age/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excerpt:
Walmart is raising the minimum age for buying its firearms and ammunition to 21, becoming the latest company to change policies connected to guns in the wake of the mass shooting at a high school in Florida earlier this month.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Walmart adopting 21 age limit for guns and ammo

Post by Cruiser »

And when a Dept. looses money, they typically close it!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Cruiser wrote:And when a Dept. looses money, they typically close it!
Really, if you go into the Walmarts around me they don't have much to offer anyway. You may see Field&Stream going that way also.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Threads merged.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

Mustang380gal wrote:Threads merged.
Thanks, sorry about that. I usually search first, but didn't see it in my "New Posts" over the past couple of days so made an assumption. :oops:
dademoss

Post by dademoss »

I'd have to drive a fair distance to find a Walmart that sold firearms. :shock: Haven't been to "dicks" since sandy hook, the last time they "stopped selling evil assault rifles"
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

dademoss wrote:I'd have to drive a fair distance to find a Walmart that sold firearms. :shock: Haven't been to "dicks" since sandy hook, the last time they "stopped selling evil assault rifles"
Really? Every Walmart within 50 miles of me in Western Ohio sells some kinds of firearms the last time I checked. (which admittedly has been a while)
They were shotguns and bolt action rifles. Next time I'm in Walmart I'm going to have to take a look.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

M-Quigley wrote:
dademoss wrote:I'd have to drive a fair distance to find a Walmart that sold firearms. :shock: Haven't been to "dicks" since sandy hook, the last time they "stopped selling evil assault rifles"
Really? Every Walmart within 50 miles of me in Western Ohio sells some kinds of firearms the last time I checked. (which admittedly has been a while)
They were shotguns and bolt action rifles. Next time I'm in Walmart I'm going to have to take a look.
I would have to take guess that dademoss lives in a highly populated area! (no location given) Walmart awhile back removed the gun depts from some Metro populated areas.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
dademoss

Post by dademoss »

Come on down to Hamilton county and see what you find for firearms at a Walmart.:shock:
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

dademoss wrote:Come on down to Hamilton county and see what you find for firearms at a Walmart.:shock:

The Cincinnati area? Thanks but no thanks. I used to work assignments down there decades ago. I doubt it's gotten any safer since then. :)
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Or Hardin County.....Walmart has never sold firearms here. Only ammo,if you could find the Associate with the key to the display case.
I believe the store in Lima did or does. IIRC wasn't much of a choice in guns..
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.