Man with AR15 stops knife attack Oswego, Illinois

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Man with AR15 stops knife attack Oswego, Illinois

Post by Bruenor »

Has to be fake, AR15's are never used for defense the MSM told me so.
http://fox8.com/2018/02/27/man-armed-wi ... -neighbor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A man armed with an AR-15 rifle stopped an attack by one of his neighbors in his Illinois apartment building.

Police say it all began Monday when someone with a knife attacked another person during an argument.

Neighbor Dave Thomas, who witnessed the attack, went into his home, got his rifle and ordered the suspect to stop.
Police say Thomas has a valid firearm owner's identification card and a concealed carry permit.

"The AR-15 is my weapon of choice for home protection," Thomas said. "It's light, it's maneuverable. If you train and know how to use it properly, it's not dangerous. And this is just a perfect example of good guy with an AR-15 stopped a bad guy with a knife. And there were no lives taken, so, all in all, it was a good day.
The stabbing victim was taken to the hospital. There is no word yet on that person's condition.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Man with AR15 stops knife attack Oswego, Illinois

Post by qmti »

Bruenor wrote:Has to be fake, AR15's are never used for defense the MSM told me so.
http://fox8.com/2018/02/27/man-armed-wi ... -neighbor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A man armed with an AR-15 rifle stopped an attack by one of his neighbors in his Illinois apartment building.

Police say it all began Monday when someone with a knife attacked another person during an argument.

Neighbor Dave Thomas, who witnessed the attack, went into his home, got his rifle and ordered the suspect to stop.
Police say Thomas has a valid firearm owner's identification card and a concealed carry permit.

"The AR-15 is my weapon of choice for home protection," Thomas said. "It's light, it's maneuverable. If you train and know how to use it properly, it's not dangerous. And this is just a perfect example of good guy with an AR-15 stopped a bad guy with a knife. And there were no lives taken, so, all in all, it was a good day.
The stabbing victim was taken to the hospital. There is no word yet on that person's condition.
This happened in Illinois? The highly restrictive gun state. Has to be Fake News.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

"The AR-15 is my weapon of choice for home protection," Thomas said
Ew boy, going to have to disagree with you on that one Dave. To each his own but an AR-15 in a house with nearby neighbors is dicey enough, let alone in an apartment building.

Our policy discourages bringing the patrol rifles into an apartment or multi-tenant office building absent exigent circumstances - the default long gun is the shotgun.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

djthomas wrote:
Ew boy, going to have to disagree with you on that one Dave. To each his own but an AR-15 in a house with nearby neighbors is dicey enough, let alone in an apartment building.

Our policy discourages bringing the patrol rifles into an apartment or multi-tenant office building absent exigent circumstances - the default long gun is the shotgun.
I've reviewed a lot of tests with SD / hollow point / polymer tipped rounds from an AR-15 carbine, and their penetration characteristics (or lack of, actually) make them a decent choice for home defense. Not so much with ball ammo, for sure.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Condi Rice doesn't understand the need..
On Friday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show,” former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice argued that there should be “a conversation about what the right to bear arms means in the modern world.” She added, ” I don’t understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons.”

Rice said that men around her carrying firearms for protection when she was growing up in Birmingham was “a pure version of the 2nd Amendment, as a matter of fact, the right to bear arms.” She continued, “I will say this, Hugh. I think it is time for us to have a conversation about what the right to bear arms means in the modern world. I don’t understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons. We wouldn’t say you can go out and buy a tank. So, I do think we need to have that conversation. But I believe that the rights that we have in the Constitution are indivisible. We can’t throw away the 2nd Amendment and keep the 1st.”
Maybe we do need tanks! (helpful to the conversation, ma'am, thanks)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

bignflnut wrote:Condi Rice doesn't understand the need..
On Friday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show,” former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice argued that there should be “a conversation about what the right to bear arms means in the modern world.” She added, ” I don’t understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons.”

Rice said that men around her carrying firearms for protection when she was growing up in Birmingham was “a pure version of the 2nd Amendment, as a matter of fact, the right to bear arms.” She continued, “I will say this, Hugh. I think it is time for us to have a conversation about what the right to bear arms means in the modern world. I don’t understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons. We wouldn’t say you can go out and buy a tank. So, I do think we need to have that conversation. But I believe that the rights that we have in the Constitution are indivisible. We can’t throw away the 2nd Amendment and keep the 1st.”
Maybe we do need tanks! (helpful to the conversation, ma'am, thanks)
It's already legal to privately own a tank. don't tell her though.. .
http://www.armslist.com/posts/4616205/o ... ive-cannon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424 ... 0951570270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those of us that can't afford a tank of our own, we can at least drive one.. even over a car, or through a trailer, etc.. :)
https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... tank-here/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

JustaShooter wrote:
djthomas wrote:

I've reviewed a lot of tests with SD / hollow point / polymer tipped rounds from an AR-15 carbine, and their penetration characteristics (or lack of, actually) make them a decent choice for home defense. Not so much with ball ammo, for sure.
Seconded. Upon reviewing many different tests carried out, it appears the light grain projectile of an AR-15, although will penetrate, carries much less kinetic energy and usually already tumbling and breaking apart after two layers of drywall. Only real downside is the increase in dB vs a handgun, IMHO. And that's where my M4-2000 on my 11.5" host comes in.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin