Proposed Ohio "Assault Weapons" ban, Mandatory Disposal

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

zeko

Proposed Ohio "Assault Weapons" ban, Mandatory Disposal

Post by zeko »

The authors of Senate Bill 260 (Ohio state senators Skindell and Tavares) seem to be trying to prove they are "more anti-gun than thou" . . . SB260 would:

Establish a "firearms and ammunition database";

Outlaw any operable automatic firearm;

Outlaw any semiautomatic firearm capable of accepting a magazine holding ten or more rounds;

Outlaw any semiautomatic firearm with a fixed magazine accepting ten or more rounds.

No distinction is made by caliber, or by long gun or handgun. This one would outlaw most handguns as well as most .22 rifles I know about. Seems to me to be a severe case of virtue signaling.

Co-sponsors consist of 5 other Democrats, all from big cities. No committee specified as yet -- hopefully it dies a natural death.

Zeko
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Proposed Ohio "Assault Weapons" ban

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

It will go down in a steep flaming arc or up in smoke .....and they now it.

They just want their voters to have something to slobber all over.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

bsctov

Ohio Assault weapon ban/ mandatory firearm disposal l *READ*

Post by bsctov »

Well ladies and gentlemen, here we are again. The anti-gun crowd is milking the Florida tragedy for all its worth and have introduced the most dangerous gun control bill we've seen in our state since 2013. I'll include a link to the bill, but here are some basics:

- This bill would outlaw and firearm with a detachable magazine that accepts more than 10 rounds, and force you to sell it out of state or dispose of it. No grandfathering. if you still have the banned weapon after the ban goes into effect, you're a 5th degree felon.

- The definition in the bill pretty much covers most guns since alot of semi auto firearms come with 12 to 17 round magazines and includes a registration scheme.

This is a dangerous bill, and our governor sold us out, and plans to support it. Make no mistake, this is the super bowl for gun rights, the NBA Finals. If this thing makes it through, we are Canada overnight.

Call your reps in Columbus, and make it clear that this is unacceptable, you are not a criminal, and don't deserve to be treated as such.

This bill is pure evil. Kasich has shown his true colors, and is now an anti-gunner.

Take action now!
westsidebestside

Re: Ohio Assault weapon ban/ mandatory firearm disposal l *R

Post by westsidebestside »

Link, please?
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Rest assured, neither we nor any of our endorsed candidates, will allow that to happen.

I think Mary Taylor is the only gubernatorial candidate who is not calling for a ban, either party
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

My Glock has graduated as an Assault Weapon. I'm a proud daddy today.
bsctov

Post by bsctov »

Sorry, here's the link.

http://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/sola ... format=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Wow! That includes some of my .22 pistols and my 10-22's, not to mention my daily carry and a bunch of others that I have. It is one of the poorest drafting examples I have seen in proposed legislation.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

westsidebestside wrote:My Glock has graduated as an Assault Weapon. I'm a proud daddy today.
Heck, my 10-22's are assault weapons under that bill, not to mention some of my .22 handguns.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Oh, I don't know... might be rather interesting to see them actually try and enforce this one. Part of me says, "please try". :evil:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Oh, I don't know... might be rather interesting to see them actually try and enforce this one. Part of me says, "please try". :evil:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Can we still join an Ohio militia? Seems they are exempt....
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
roughsawn

Post by roughsawn »

Ohio senator Michael Skindell was interviewed on 610AM this afternoon about SB260. It was quite apparent he knows nothing about guns, not even the basics. As the interview progressed, I couldn't help but wonder who ties his shoes in the morning.

I'm of the opinion if a lawmaker wants to ban something, they should have some basic knowledge of what they want to ban and orate exactly why. He had no clue of either.

Doubt this bill goes anywhere.
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Gramps wrote:Can we still join an Ohio militia? Seems they are exempt....
This was the first thing I noticed. As a commissioned officer in the Ohio National Guard, this bill seems to offer me (and others like me) a blanket exemption whether on duty or not. If you're looking for a recruiter, let me know. :wink:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.