And it happens again, another school shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

And it happens again, another school shooting

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

And yet most of our school boards think it UNwise to allow staff to carry to defend themselves and our children.....SMH.

https://www.facebook.com/FOX10Phoenix/v ... p_activity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: And it happens again, another school shooting

Post by qmti »

If I'm not mistaken, I heard on the news that there where two LEO's stationed at that school. Where were they?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

qmti wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I heard on the news that there where two LEO's stationed at that school. Where were they?
Probably trying to react to the fire alarm going off. Sounds like a semi-copy of the 1998 school shooting in Arkansas.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Snapchat video from inside a classroom...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOw4TdqFU-I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I just received the call for action from the Giffords PAC to fight gun violence. I'm surprised it took them these long 5 hours. :shock:

No answers, just asking for money to take on THEM: the gun lobby.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Randymp
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Randymp »

Every time one of these shootings takes place I ask myself why won't we, and when will we take a tough look at mental illness?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

qmti wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I heard on the news that there where two LEO's stationed at that school. Where were they?
Not sure, but with only two LEOs in a school of over 3200 students and multiple buildings, they could have been well away from the shooting. And, as the shooter was reported to have been a former student, he'd have known where they were stationed...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Is anyone insane enough to place this sign in their front yard?
Why do the Federal and state governments mandate this?
I’d much rather see signs like this at all schools (with it being true, not an empty threat)
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Javelin Man wrote:I just received the call for action from the Giffords PAC to fight gun violence. I'm surprised it took them these long 5 hours. :shock:

No answers, just asking for money to take on THEM: the gun lobby.
The calls for funding must be made when the emotion is at its most raw...and these stories get moved off the front of websites and newscasts relatively quickly. People are going to feel best when they give feeling like their donation matters.

This shooter is off script a bit...if you're keen to believe the official story. Sure, there was a MAGA hat so that Trump can be blamed, but he was taken alive after fleeing the scene. He was expelled last year? Gas mask and Smoke Grenades (cue the ban band...sorry paintball fans)?
A teacher at the school told the Miami Herald that Cruz had been identified previously as a potential threat to his classmates.

Jim Gard, who teaches maths, said: "We were told last year that he wasn't allowed on campus with a backpack on him.

"There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus."

Matthew Walker, a 17-year-old student at the school, told WFOR-TV: "A lot of people were saying it was going to be him.

"A lot of kids threw jokes around saying that he was going to be the one to shoot up the school. It turns out that everyone predicted it. That's crazy.

"He was going class to class just shooting at random kids.

"Everything he posts (on social media) is about weapons. It's sick."
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Here's the Broward County Sheriff using his two minutes in the spotlight advocating that the "mentally ill" not be afforded 2nd Amendment Rights.

With the ever changing DSM and everything now being labeled some objective genetic brain disease, instead of a behavioral issue that could be remedied with discipline, how does society determine mental fitness? If our Rights are dependent on mental fitness, as Sherrif Israel suggests, isn't this an important determination? Indeed some media types challenge the mental fitness of the Vice President. "Mental Illness" is a severely broad brush used in lieu of due process.

Who wants to bet that this cat wasn't on an SSRI, as a treatment for his "mental illness"?

Where do our Rights come from? From our mental fitness?

Sheriff Scott Israel is advocating against the oath he took to uphold various Constitutions.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote: This shooter is off script a bit...if you're keen to believe the official story. Sure, there was a MAGA hat so that Trump can be blamed, but he was taken alive after fleeing the scene. He was expelled last year? Gas mask and Smoke Grenades (cue the ban band...sorry paintball fans)?
Trump is being blamed by CBS, but for a different reason. I just heard a newswoman talk about how (I think she said the Sheriff) call for measures to keep the mentally ill from getting ahold of guns. She then said that Obama enacted several measures to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, but when Trump took office he quietly reversed those measures. Of course she didn't explain what those measures were at that time, or allow someone else who knew what they were talking about to explain it either.

One of the things I'm hearing frequently online and in the news is generally "We need to have a conversation about gun control." I don't oppose a real conversation about it, but generally what an anti gunner really means when they say that is,
"We need to pass gun control laws, and you need to just shut up and not oppose them, no matter whether they're really going to help or not."
When some anti gunner says that we need a "conversation" about changing things, or Congress needs to do something, propose FASTER or something similar as a solution, and see how quickly they backpedal on the "conversation" part. :(
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:Here's the Broward County Sheriff using his two minutes in the spotlight advocating that the "mentally ill" not be afforded 2nd Amendment Rights.
It wasn't just that either. Wasn't he the one (or was it a different LEO?) that stood behind the mike and said now is not the time to worry about the cost, we must hire more law enforcement!"
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

AlanM wrote:Is anyone insane enough to place this sign in their front yard?
Not a yard sign (and her HMA would probably prohibit a sign anyway) but I have a relative that wanted to put a no guns sign on the front door of her house. Her husband normally just goes along with whatever she says or does, but not this time.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Say what ever you want about this creeps mental status...he stopped treatment over a year ago and just about everyone in his circle new he was a wacko...he so much as said he would be a school shooter..school administration put out a notice to teachers on him. Yet he was able to buy a gun....something wrong here folks...to many balls were dropped....FBI, local police, shrinks, numerous students all new this creep.... anyone blaming the gun doesn't know HAFAHITG.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

JustaShooter wrote:
Not sure, but with only two LEOs in a school of over 3200 students and multiple buildings, they could have been well away from the shooting. And, as the shooter was reported to have been a former student, he'd have known where they were stationed...
As I understand from various news sources, since it's a "no gun zone", the security personnel are unarmed. The coach that was killed as human shield for some kids doubled as a security guard. They are no armed LEO at the school from what I can tell from the news (unless I missed it). TTAG has a article on this also.