Heart problems

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Heart problems

Post by bignflnut »

Mr. Glock wrote:Being in Cleveland, the Clinic does a nuclear medicine heart stress test that is almost like having the cath. I’m sure I’m not quite relaying that 100% accurately, but something to ask about.
FWIW, had a family heart patient who had triple bypass and a stent. 18 years later, he was given a heart stress test with the nuke dye. Reportedly he asked the nurse about the risks as he's on the table, she assures him that nobody codes and guess what, he codes. He was transferred to various facilities and did not survive.

A) Stents don't last forever (this guy had one collapse), get them checked by some external image.
B) If you can't handle a treadmill stress test, you likely will be offered the nuke test. For my money, I'd skip right to the heart cath exploration with a camera.
C) I've seen a moving black and white image that shows blockages and the new channels your heart can build ( “collaterals” )to get around them. Perhaps this was a Catheter Angiography

For a different take on the current practices, read this article.

I wish you all good health and God's Blessings.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

I would like to thank everyone for their input, it means a lot to me. :mrgreen: This is a great group of people. Other than a few trying to get my guns before i'am gone. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

steves 50de wrote:I would like to thank everyone for their input, it means a lot to me. :mrgreen: This is a great group of people. Other than a few trying to get my guns before i'am gone. :lol:
Keep up the positive good spirits Steve it's just a mere bump in the road this too shall pass.
I hope you don't have a tragic boating accident like many of us have had & lose all our firearms 8)
BOB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

When you having it done ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

steves 50de wrote:I would like to thank everyone for their input, it means a lot to me. :mrgreen: This is a great group of people. Other than a few trying to get my guns before i'am gone. :lol:
Hey, I wanna make you feel better so I'll tell you that I have a much finer taste in firearms and that none of your low budget stuff is of any interest to me! :lol: :twisted:

I could use an extra car or truck or some decent tools for wood working though. Send me a list. :mrgreen:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:When you having it done ?
I'am going with the nuclear stress test before the more invasive heart cath,...they can see the arteries and get an idea of the amount of stenosis if any.
Black Rifles Matter
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

You'll set off alarms at the airport!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

If you are a caffeine user, you may want to bring you own aspirin. The last one I had at the Cleveland Clinic they give you a cup of coffee, but no aspirin.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Sevens wrote:
Hey, I wanna make you feel better so I'll tel

you that I have a much finer taste in firearms and that none of your low budget stuff is of any interest to me! :lol: :twisted:

I could use an extra car or truck or some decent tools for wood working though. Send me a list. :mrgreen:
I plan on leaving the kimber and wilson combat stuff at home for fun and gun. I am shooting a 1911 like the one Carmen used in WW1 :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

SMART BUTT... :)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I know the anesthetist that's going to give you the NUKE....better be nice...

WW1...Isn't that the year you're golf clubs were made ?