Remington To File Bankruptcy

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Remington To File Bankruptcy

Post by gilly32 »

Remington Outdoor Company Inc, one of the largest U.S. makers of firearms, said on Monday it had reached a deal with its creditors to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy to slash its $950 million debtload.
U.S. President Donald Trump has said he will “never, ever infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.” Since Trump’s election victory in November 2016, American Outdoor Brands Corp has lost almost two thirds of its stock market value, while Sturm Ruger & Company Inc has fallen by a quarter. By comparison, the S&P 500 has increased by a quarter in the same period.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-remi ... SKBN1FW23Q
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
JediSkipdogg

Re: Remington To File Bankruptcy

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Obama flooded the market with fear. Under trump there is no fear so there is no need. Under Obama I probably bought one a year. Under Trump, besides one for my wife, I haven't even contemplated buying anything new. There's only so much a market can handle.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Remington has also been putting out some new models that are not selling well, because they don't work right. Along the way they merged with Marlin and have screwed them up too.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Brought to you by the same private equity group that screwed up Chrysler and
got bailed out by .gov.

Really, shipping bad 870s? I’ll bet even HiPoint could make a trouble free 870. How can you muck up assembling an 870?

And don’t get me started on what they did to Marlin.

NOT the Trump slump, it was idiots in charge.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

These capital/equity/investment firms only exist to make money.
This is the classic example of how to load a corporation with debt, and make money doing it. I don't pretend to understand the workings of such firms, or the legality & morality of what they do, other than it is a death knell for any company when the accountants run the show.
H&R no longer exists.
Para Ordnance was absorbed, and no longer exists except to make the Remington 1911's.
The Remington R51 is an absolute joke, as is a lot of the new Marlin rifles....they might as well send a pre-paid shipping label with each one for warranty work.
Then you have the fiasco with Remington's triggers on the 700's, which has been ongoing for decades.
Bushmaster and DPMS really don't make anything better than any other mid-line AR builders, and there a lot of those.
AAC is nowhere near as prominent as they were.
Remington shotguns haven't been a problem, ( for the people I work for) except a few cheesy parts are not a good as the old ones. Most of the shooties I see going in for repair, are older, worn, and not necessarily maintained well. But I have seen that happen to Benelli's & others as well.
They have pretty much willingly put themselves into the same box as Colt was in the mid-90's. How well they survive is yet to be seen.
High Power

Post by High Power »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Obama flooded the market with fear. Under trump there is no fear so there is no need. Under Obama I probably bought one a year. Under Trump, besides one for my wife, I haven't even contemplated buying anything new. There's only so much a market can handle.
At my age, I don't plan to buy any new firearms. Rather than new guns my purchase/wish list is:

1) Weapon upgrades. The stocks on the Remington 700s that I do have are obsolete. I plan on buying aluminum chassis systems with 10-round magazines. I've already replaced the stock triggers with Timney triggers. Given the way some so-called precision rifles are made today, I'd rather opt for buying a barreled action then adding everything else myself.

I've already accomplished some upgrades on the AR-15s with after-market triggers :D , optics :D :D and stock improvements :D :D :D .

My .22 LR target rifles are going through similar upgrades and improvements.

My .22 pistols have gone through a lot of changes with trigger work, new barrels, magazine releases, etc... As with the rifles, if I were going to purchase another .22 target pistol I would buy a used one then replace everything on it because so much of the OEM work is trash.*

2) Ammunition. Purchase or reload lots of it. Without it, your gun is just another club/closet queen or wall ornament.

3) Magazines. Field & Stream had a sale on MFT AR-15 magazines a while back. I got a package of 10 for around $100. Even if you buy more than you think you will need, there is always a chance that one or more magazines may break or not function properly. It helps to have extras.

*Speaking of .22 LR guns, if I were a young person these days, I would not consider the purchase of .22 LR guns. The availability of ammunition changes every time the POTUS changes parties. If I were starting over again, I'd concentrate on center-fire guns and use the airguns for economical target practice. Even with the shortage of .22 LR ammunition, I never had any trouble getting pellets.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein