Heart problems

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Heart problems

Post by steves 50de »

Heart cath,... has anyone gone though one, i may have to get one and i'am little nervous. :( Carman and jeff no jokes that i don't have one. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Heart problems

Post by Sevens »

I have not experienced heart problems myself but I have always held a firm position:

it is FANTASTIC for you when the Doctors find some heart work they want to do. They are damn good at it and them finding it, going in and correcting it -- that's exactly where you want to be. The bad place to be are the folks who never got that chance.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Big Boomer

Post by Big Boomer »

I had two cath's done in 2006 each resulted in a stent being placed in the arteries effected. Any intrusion into the heart is not without risk, that being said the alternative of not having one done is risky also. Heart cath's are fairly commonplace today and most result in little or no problems. Just insure that you have a good cardiologist who has done many of these. Good Luck!!
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

Had one in 2007.
Cath was no big deal.....the double bypass two days later was.
Whatever they do, or find, don't get yourself worked up worrying about what is next. Take it one step at a time, and have faith in the almighty.
It is far better to find a problem, and correct it before you have heart damage.
You will get thru it, and start feeling better.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Being in Cleveland, the Clinic does a nuclear medicine heart stress test that is almost like having the cath. I’m sure I’m not quite relaying that 100% accurately, but something to ask about.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I have four stents, Steve, numerous "incidents" and consider myself a cath lab expert.
Ask me anything.

Fun fact: everytime I go in, I take my voice recorder. They set it with my Bible on a table about ten feet away. You can listen to them probing your heart later.

Call me this weekend, pal
We can talk about it
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

steves 50de wrote:Heart cath,... has anyone gone though one, i may have to get one and i'am little nervous. :( Carman and jeff no jokes that i don't have one. :lol:

Dude..I had one about 15 years ago....Believe me when I say it's nothing at all...Piece of cake...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
steves 50de wrote:Heart cath,... has anyone gone though one, i may have to get one and i'am little nervous. :( Carman and jeff no jokes that i don't have one. :lol:

Dude..I had one about 15 years ago....Believe me when I say it's nothing at all...Piece of cake...
Did you get stents :?:
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Hey Tin Man......best of luck. But just in case, can I get that Star? :lol:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

steves 50de wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:

Did you get stents :?:
NOpe...nothing wrong with me in that situation.

YOu need to eat more PAsta... :|
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I want the 50 left to me for putting up with you all these years.....and by the way, please don't leave me those 1975 golf clubs you have.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

pirateguy191 wrote:Hey Tin Man......best of luck. But just in case, can I get that Star? :lol:
Sure 450 for you. 8)
Black Rifles Matter
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

I was scheduled for a heart cath last Nov. Went in, about three hours later, woke up in the recovery room, thought to myself, "that was no big thing," then the doc came in and told me they were taking me in for emergency surgery. I ended up with five bypasses. So much for going home the same day.

Spent the next three and a half weeks in a rehab hospital, got out just prior to Christmas. Not really a big deal, feel a lot better now.
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Best of luck and we will all be thinking positive thoughts.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

I would think being a little nervous is normal. If you end up needing to have one, schedule it at one of the locations that handle high risk cases. That way you have all your bases covered.
I had my first heart cath just prior to my 32nd birthday, I'll be 64 this summer.