BFA and OFCC endorse different gubernatorial candidates

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: BFA and OFCC endorse different gubernatorial candidates

Post by sd790 »

Did ya know that DeWine's son is an Ohio Supreme Court Justice? (Not many people do.) A Special Disciplinary Council has filed an ethics complaint against Justice Pat DeWine for not recusing himself on cases in which his dad (Mike) was a participant as Attorney General.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180131/c ... hers-cases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Must run in the family...
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Chuck wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
Irvine said he believes DeWine had a change of heart after he left the U.S. Senate in 2006. After moving back to Ohio, DeWine reconnected with friends and family who hunt and fish, Irvine said.

"I think like a lot of other people, he lost his way in DC in the swamp there. But he came home and reconnected with his roots, and he's been outstanding to work with," Irvine said.
Sorry, but why should I give a hoot about Irvine or BFA or anybody "believes" to be true. I can however certainly understand someone having a change of heart after ten + years. Now if Dewine himself would publically say what he now believes, then maybe I'd believe it.

I made this very point to Jon Husted himself a couple days before we made our endorsement.
I was more or less told that wasn’t going to happen and we should trust him to keep Mr. DeWine in check while in office.
Husted will not be able to control DeWine, he will be his boss. If DeWine doesn't want to step up and tell the voters his position on gun rights then he will revert back to his old ways. Doesn't look good. BFA will regret their endorsement.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Unfortunately, Mary Taylor isn’t much of a political force at this point, and probably won’t be at election time.

Not that I disagree with the endorsement, I tilted at windmills by voting for Ron Paul more than once :mrgreen:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

sd790 wrote:Did ya know that DeWine's son is an Ohio Supreme Court Justice? (Not many people do.) A Special Disciplinary Council has filed an ethics complaint against Justice Pat DeWine for not recusing himself on cases in which his dad (Mike) was a participant as Attorney General.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180131/c ... hers-cases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Must run in the family...
You can bet the farm this will come up during the election if DeWine is the candidate this fall.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

steves 50de wrote:I would like to ask Mr Irvine what hunting and fishing have to do with GUN RIGHTS and gun law's. :lol: That what a politician would say, statements like that show me BFA is a joke. :roll:
For what it is worth, Mary Taylor also supported and voted for the apprentice hunting license.
That might be important to some folks here
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

So in the box is this little paper covered test strip. Open, and place strip in unknown liquid. If it changes color to description on the box , the liquid is legit.

2A VOTING RECORD and PUBLISHED POSITIONS is my litmus test when I enter the voting booth.

following thread :idea:
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

For all these years that OFCC and BFA have done their fundraisers/shoots at Tactical Defense Institute, I have volunteered as a range safety officer. BFA's endorsement of DeWine for governor has caused me to quit doing that now.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Once again I stand with OFCC.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Yet again, OFCC shows that they stand on principle, not politics. Thank you.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Brian D. wrote:For all these years that OFCC and BFA have done their fundraisers/shoots at Tactical Defense Institute, I have volunteered as a range safety officer. BFA's endorsement of DeWine for governor has caused me to quit doing that now.
TDI has picked sides as well, so don't feel bad.
Black Rifles Matter