Family of slain Australian woman concerned about investigati

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Family of slain Australian woman concerned about investigati

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/national/famil ... DGTAP2OEN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SYDNEY — The family of an Australian woman who was fatally shot by a Minnesota police officer in July demanded a more rigorous probe Thursday after a prosecutor cast doubts on the investigation.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman faulted investigators last week when he complained that he doesn't have enough evidence to charge Officer Mohamed Noor in the killing of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. Noor shot Damond in the alley behind her home after she called 911 to report a possible sexual assault.
Freeman was captured on video at a Dec. 14 holiday reception expressing his frustration about the case. He said it wasn't his fault that there was not enough evidence to charge Noor, and that investigators "haven't done their job." Noor has declined to speak with investigators.

Freeman didn't name the investigators, but the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is leading the investigation. He has since said he didn't know he was being filmed and apologized for discussing the agency's work in a public setting.
Noor fired at Damond from the passenger seat of a squad car, across his partner and through the driver's window.

Damond's death sparked protests and led to a police department shake-up, including the resignation of Chief Janee Harteau.

Flanked by three other family members, and pausing occasionally to compose himself, Ruszczyk said that after the shooting, authorities in Minneapolis had "looked me in the eye and said they were committed to getting to the truth of the event".

"Now I hear that the Hennepin county attorney, to whom the BCA handed its investigative results, says that the investigation has not been done to the prosecutor's satisfaction, or even to the expected levels of accuracy and thoroughness," Ruszczyk said.

Ruszczyk cited a quote by American writer James Baldwin: "It is certain in any case that ignorance allied with power is the most ferocious enemy justice can have."

Ruszczyk said this was particularly true "when it comes to evaluating the use of deadly force by those sworn to protect us."
He added: "Ignorance cannot prevail here."
Bruenor

Re: Family of slain Australian woman concerned about investi

Post by Bruenor »

Mayor and police determine shrine for victim must be removed..
Looking at the picture in the story, it's a photo of her, a sign that says "United we stand", some roses and some candles.. How utterly horrifying, I can certainly see why that had to be immediately condemned and removed /sarc
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-27/w ... ed/9286390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The incoming mayor of the US city of Minneapolis has condemned a white nationalist group, which set up a shrine to Australian woman Justine Damond who was shot and killed by a police officer.

The white nationalist group Identity Evropa set up the shrine last Friday.

On Twitter, the group said they created the shrine after prosecutors did not charge the officer involved.

It was condemned by police and local mayor-elect Jacob Frey, and has now been removed.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Grand jury called.. still no word on charges..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/25/gr ... a-cop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Noor hasn't been charged, but Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said weeks ago more investigating was needed in the case. He also told activists in a recorded conversation he didn't have enough evidence and investigators "haven't done their job."

“I’ve got to have the evidence. And I don’t have it yet. And let me just say, it’s not my fault,” Freeman said in a video that was posted on Facebook. “So if it isn’t my fault, who didn’t do their jobs? Investigators, and they don’t work for me. And they haven’t done their job.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

They'll protect Noor until they just can't protect him anymore.

The victim? She's dead to them...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

^^^ I see what you did there!
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Javelin Man wrote:^^^ I see what you did there!
It's pathetic but true...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.