SW Ohio IHOPs still posted!

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

SW Ohio IHOPs still posted!

Post by Brian D. »

Used to be just the one in central Cincinnati. The one in Kenwood is as well. Had to go elsewhere this morning, a daunting task. That's okay because down here IHOP service is lousy, food mediocre on a good day. It's like they're trying to follow Perkins into obscurity/bankruptcy.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dademoss

Re: SW Ohio IHOPs still posted!

Post by dademoss »

Haven't been NEAR an IHOP in years, the "service" SUCKS.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Around here they're all franchises, not corporate. Could be some that don't post.

********************************************************************************
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

The one east of Columbus at I-70 & SR 256 is gun friendly, in fact members of another 2A group frequently have meetings there..
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

I have to agree Brian. IHOP is firmly on our Do Not Patronize list and it has nothing to do with their stance on firearms. Last one I went to around here was not posted. Everything about it sucked. We figured we caught them on an off day so after a few months we went again. The line to get in was still out the door. It was even worse that time. I still shake my head driving by on Sundays seeing folks waiting in the parking lot because the lobby is filled.

The local Perkins on the other hand does a good business and while we don't go there often we've never had a complaint.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

djthomas wrote:The local Perkins on the other hand does a good business and while we don't go there often we've never had a complaint.
i wish Perkins was still around here... :x
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
johnlab

Post by johnlab »

I've been to the new one in Mansfield/Ontario a couple of times and did not see a sign.
NRA Endowment Life Member

From My Cold Dead Hands
Charleton Heston
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I don't HOP.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

This is where the one-legged waitress works. :oops: :wink:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

johnlab wrote:I've been to the new one in Mansfield/Ontario a couple of times and did not see a sign.
Around here the signs (little stickers actually) aren't on the doors, and might not pass the "conspicuous" test. I don't want to tilt at that windmill.

147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Brian D. wrote:Around here the signs (little stickers actually) aren't on the doors, and might not pass the "conspicuous" test. I don't want to tilt at that windmill.
Agreed: My siblings and I went to the one in Kenwood for an annual thing for a few years. I looked, fairly well, on the way in and did not see one. I saw it on the sidelight on the way OUT when it was contrasted against the sidewalk.
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

Off the record, but if you used to call the IHOP on Cox Road in West Chester, the person answering the phone would answer with, "IHOP on Cox." We go there on a rare occasion and I carry. Didn't see a sign.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I am in the Kenwood area a little early this morning, hungry. The McDonald's is closed for remodeling, the Burger King has a cyclone fence around it, nothing but IHOP opens before 7am, and it's still posted.
Had to kill time and go to Bob Evans. Think I'll take my receipt to IHOP like we all used to in the good old days.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Well, the old "Look at how much we spent with your competition" trick raised the manager's eyebrows a little. (I talked some people at Bob Evans into giving me their receipts, to make the tactic a little more effective. Thanks, fellow diners!)

Haven't looked lately, but the IHOP locations in northern Kentucky haven't ever posted. I wish our General Assembly would have crafted a law more like Kentucky's.