Strange incident in Wisconsin

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Strange incident in Wisconsin

Post by bignflnut »

Capt. Brinkman says the 26-year-old suspect was inside a home with his parents, and the suspect was "going after" his father. Police were informed that the man was under the influence of drugs or alcohol or both, Brinkman says.

Click here to watch Capt. Brinkman's news conference.

Officers took the suspect down and got the knife away from him. Brinkman says the suspect was aggressive and officers had to use a taser on him.

"The officers got there, they had to talk the subject down for a good amount of time. They were able to get the knife away from him. But then the subject went into a defense posture, an aggressive posture. The officers took him to the ground, had to be tased," Brinkman says.

During this time, an officer's gun discharged and hit another officer in the leg.

"During that hands-on period, another officer, who was not part of the hands-on handcuffing, firearm discharged, and it struck another officer in the leg," Brinkman says.

The officer who was injured was taken to a hospital and will be released Monday, Brinkman says.
Do any of these dots connect?

High dude, with a knife, acting aggressively, "going after" another person is tased?
Then while one is cuffing him, the other shoots his fellow officer in the leg?

If you wrote this in a book or a script, who would believe it?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Strange incident in Wisconsin

Post by carmen fovozzo »

What's not to believe ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Is this why you don't try to shoot a dog who is attacking someone right in front of you? :?:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:Is this why you don't try to shoot a dog who is attacking someone right in front of you? :?:
I'm not sure what you mean. From what I read in the article, it doesn't sound like the cop intentionally fired the weapon. Besides, you says you shouldn't try to shoot a dog who is attacking someone right in front of you? I can guarantee you if a dangerous type of dog is attacking a family member of mine, and if I can safely shoot the dog without hitting the person, that dog is probably getting shot. (most likely a contact head shot or similar)
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

and if I can safely shoot the dog without hitting the person, that dog is probably getting shot.
Aye, there's the rub and my point. Perhaps said rookie cop was trying to shoot or hold his pistol on the perp but hit his partner instead. Or I'm surmising too much, but it is a possibility. Clear shots are not always there.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:
and if I can safely shoot the dog without hitting the person, that dog is probably getting shot.
Aye, there's the rub and my point. Perhaps said rookie cop was trying to shoot or hold his pistol on the perp but hit his partner instead. Or I'm surmising too much, but it is a possibility. Clear shots are not always there.

Regarding the bolded, I sure hope not, or the officer might have gotten into some trouble in many jurisdictions. This is assuming what I read is the correct sequence of events, the suspect having been disarmed prior to the discharge. It's possible the cop might've intentionally fired thinking the suspect was trying to get a hold of one of the other officers weapon, the article doesn't mention it.

From the article:
"The officers got there, they had to talk the subject down for a good amount of time. They were able to get the knife away from him. But then the subject went into a defense posture, an aggressive posture. The officers took him to the ground, had to be tased," Brinkman says.

During this time, an officer's gun discharged and hit another officer in the leg.

"During that hands-on period, another officer, who was not part of the hands-on handcuffing, firearm discharged, and it struck another officer in the leg," Brinkman says.