Sub HB 142 - Interaction with LEOs

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Sub HB 142 - Interaction with LEOs

Post by MrMagoo »

I'd like to hear from people who have had interaction with law enforcement where your identification has not immediately been asked for when the encounter started, and your experiences at these times (how long did it take before your driver license or ID was asked for). It doesn't make any difference if you were armed or not at the time. The reason for asking this is that for years we have been hearing notification is for officer safety. Substute HB 142 changes "promptly notify" to notification when driver license or ID is asked for. If officer safety is such a concern for notification, are there times when an LEO will interact with an individual for a period of time before askiing for a driver license or ID? If so, this shoots holes in the LE argument that notification is for officer safety. I am attempting to get a meeting with the bill sponsor to discuss this and would like some hard facts to back me up. This is also posted in Real Life Encounters. Thank you, Gary
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Sub HB 142 - Interaction with LEOs

Post by Javelin Man »

I was walking in my driveway when a black SUV pulled in and two LEO's identified themselves and asked questions about my neighbor. After a few questions, I asked if I should inform that I was licensed and currently carrying at the time. They chuckled and said no, but thank you very much for informing anyway.

Other than that, I can't think of a time I wasn't asked for ID right away, but those were few and I was the driver of the vehicle, fully expected to produce ID.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George