Roy Moore gets pro gun endorsement in Senate Race (AL)

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: Roy Moore gets pro gun endorsement in Senate Race (AL)

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:
According to the Alabama Political Reporter, Jones described himself as “a Second Amendment guy,” but stressed that some gun control is necessary. He said, “We’ve got limitations on all constitutional amendments in one form or another.”

SNIP

During a May 2013 appearance on Rachel Maddow Lean Forward, Murphy said, “The Second Amendment is not an absolute right, not a God-given right. It has always had conditions upon it like the First Amendment has.”
This guy is trying to win with all the wrong positions in a crimson state.
I think that sometimes all you need to know about a politician and gun control issues is when one of them says something like
He stressed that he loves to hunt but
:roll:
High Power

Post by High Power »

M-Quigley wrote: I think that sometimes all you need to know about a politician and gun control issues is when one of them says something like
I agree. When they say that, I'd like to ask them to shoot that deer; then let me see you field dress it. Then we'll see how much he likes to hunt.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Everything before but is BS. Always. No matter who says it, no matter what they say.
High Power wrote:
M-Quigley wrote: I think that sometimes all you need to know about a politician and gun control issues is when one of them says something like
I agree. When they say that, I'd like to ask them to shoot that deer; then let me see you field dress it. Then we'll see how much he likes to hunt.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

As we near the home stretch regarding the election...
The NRA has not rated pro-gun Republican Roy Moore vs. pro-gun control Democrat Doug Jones in the race for the Alabama U.S. Senate seat, so Breitbart News is rating the two men for voters who are curious as to where the candidates stand on the Second Amendment.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Trump also told the crowd that he would campaign for Moore if Strange loses Tuesday's election.

"I told Luther, I have to say this, if his opponent wins, I'm going to be here campaigning like hell for him. But I have to say this, and you understand this. Just look at the polls. Luther will definitely win. You know what I'm saying. Roy has a very good chance of not winning in the general election," Trump said.---Sept 25, 2017
Payoff time!! Eight days before the polls open and after nearly all the absentees are returned:
President Donald Trump endorsed Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore Monday morning, after hesitation due to the multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against the Republican candidate.

Trump tweeted his endorsement for Moore with a number of reasons as to why he believes it is important Moore wins the election against Democratic candidate Doug Jones. Trump said Jones is a “puppet” to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer as well as House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi in the same tweet.
Promise FULFILLED via Twitty!! Thanks big buddy!!
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

If this story is correct, Roy Moore's chances are toast, along with many other Republicans, unless the situation is fixed prior to the next general election. :(

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... roy-moore/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I had the opportunity to get in contact with a couple I know who live in Mobile County. Apparently from their viewpoint in their area, the Democratic machine is doing a very good job of getting out the vote, by any means necessary. (and also complaining about how they have to show I.D.or if they've not voted in years, to update their voting info, like where they currently live, etc. :roll: Voter turnout is supposedly way down in their voting area, which is normally heavily republican.

Mobile itself has more democrats. The attitude of one Republican woman they know in their rural area is "I'm not choosing between a liberal Democrat or a child molester." The attitude of her husband was basically that the guy denied the charges, and the Senate leader claims he's going to be investigated by some ethics committee if he wins. If he's innocent, fine. If not, the governor can always appoint someone else to take Roy Moore's place. (and the governor is a Republican) The husband however was very suspicious that all these allegations are coming out against Moore so close to the election, and without the Republican party being able to do anything about changing their candidate. Kind of a repeat of allegations against Trump in the final stretch of the presidential campaign.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

And it's now all a moot point...Moore is toast.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12 ... race-blow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

evan price wrote:And it's now all a moot point...Moore is toast.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12 ... race-blow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the accusations of sexual harassment will stop! Mission accomplished!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Cruiser wrote:
evan price wrote:And it's now all a moot point...Moore is toast.
And the accusations of sexual harassment will stop! Mission accomplished!
I would still like to see these accusations resolved one way or the other. Either Moore is a is a pedophile or his accusers are guilty of tampering with an election. Both are heinous crimes IMHO and I don't think we will ever know the whole truth.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WestonDon wrote:
I would still like to see these accusations resolved one way or the other. Either Moore is a is a pedophile or his accusers are guilty of tampering with an election. Both are heinous crimes IMHO and I don't think we will ever know the whole truth.
The yearbook accusation, where there was a claim of tangible physical evidence, has been shown to be a hoax.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

On Monday, a judge ordered local election officials to save digital images of ballots, AL.com reports. However, his decision was quickly reversed by the Alabama Supreme Court, which stayed his order Monday evening.

Alabama uses paper ballots in its elections, which is considered more secure than many digital voting machines. Once voters mark their choices on paper, the ballots are scanned by computers to tally the votes. This system isn’t set up properly for audits, according to Verified Voting, an election integrity organization.

“If the race goes to a recount following the election, Alabama’s recount laws won’t do enough to protect voters’ votes because it has no audit structure in place and relies on re-tabulation—where ballots that were tabulated by optical scanners are now re-tabulated by machine,” Verified Voting president Marian Schneider said in a statement. “If a recount occurs, it cannot be relied on to detect and correct a potential error in the computerized count unless it is done manually.”

SNIP

However, the state Supreme Court overruled his decision, which Verified Voting says will limit the state’s ability to do election audits or catch hacking attempts.

“If every state’s election systems provided voter-verified paper ballots and post-election audits, we would be able to detect and correct errors or election tampering. But without the proper procedures in place, Alabama will be unable to do this,” Schneider said.

willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

High Power wrote:
Actually lets see them field dress a badly gut shot Deer (it does happen...esp where the bullet leaves the target Deer and hits a second one).

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
High Power

Post by High Power »

willbird wrote:
High Power wrote: I agree. When they say that, I'd like to ask them to shoot that deer; then let me see you field dress it. Then we'll see how much he likes to hunt.
Actually lets see them field dress a badly gut shot Deer (it does happen...esp where the bullet leaves the target Deer and hits a second one).

Bill
Since this thread started out about Roy Moore, I'd like to see the accuser take a polygraph test. Heck, if they're so darned sure they were molested by Roy Moore, let's see them take several polygraph tests.

Now that the election is over, I wonder if Roy Moore will sue his accusers. It might get tossed out of court because, in any slander or liable cases, the plaintiff has to show damages.

The truth in slander and liable cases is also a defense. If Moore's accusers can't back up their claims and Moore shows that they were lying, he still has to show that he was damaged. A jury would probably not rule in his favor just because he lost the election. It would be a different matter if he was a business owner and he suffered from losing customers.

I've been in court so many times and watched people take the stand and lie through their teeth with impunity. Then some Judge, who's mind is already made up, decides who is telling the truth and it's usually the person who is the best actor.

With that said, maybe lie detectors in court would not be a bad thing. Sorry for the thread drift...
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Sarah Palin sued for slander or libel after the Gifford's shooting. She may have suffered harm, because many news places didn't have her on after that. From what some legal blogs I read said, if anyone had a good claim, or chance at prevailing, it is her.

She lost, too.

Apparently, it is expected that people say all manner of lies about you if you are a "public figure" and you have little recourse.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!