SETTLED: Chris Kyle is "American Liar".

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

SETTLED: Chris Kyle is "American Liar".

Post by JU-87 »

After reading both sides of this debate, I have sided with Jesse Ventura from the beginning.
Chris Kyle: Navy SEAL, Sniper, Decorated combat veteran, murder victim and LIAR.

Ventura Glad Legal Battle Against 'American Sniper' Is Over
The Associated Press 5 Dec 2017 By Steve Karnowski

MINNEAPOLIS — Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura denounced the late "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle on Monday as an "American Liar" and said he feels vindicated in his five-year legal battle against the former Navy SEAL and his estate, though he declined to say how much his settlement is worth.

At a news conference Monday, Ventura would not tell reporters how much money he received for settling his defamation case but noted he was smiling about it...

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... -over.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: SETTLED: Chris Kyle is "American Liar".

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Aren't we all ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Aren't we all ?
So he sued a dead guy's wife and kids. I guess the living SEALS will decide what was right and administer their own brand of justice maybe.
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Till the lawsuit I never knew Ventura was even mentioned, I certainly didn't catch the reference, and yes I did read the book.

I never thought Ventura was defamed or a douche until he filed the lawsuit.
Now I have an even lower opinion of J Ventura, who I never really had an opinion about before.

Kyle on the other hand, I still see in a favorable light. He served, he spent his time helping others when he came back, if you feel one tall tale is enough to besmirch everything positive he did, well that's just sad.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Aren't we all ?
No.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Chris Kyle lied to promote his book sales.
That caused Jesse Ventura's income to be negatively impacted.
Sadly, Kyle was murdered by a Marine. :cry:
Case went to court. Ventura won!
The Kyle estate and Publisher of Kyle's book appealed, and a retrial was scheduled.
On December 5th, 2017, Kyle estate and book publisher surrendered, and offed a secret monetary settlement.
Ventura accepted.
Case closed. Chris Kyle was, among other things, a liar.

Those of you who are "Chris Kyle FanBoys" can make all your excuses now... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

JU-87 wrote:Case went to court. Ventura won!
Lots of people win at the trial level because of judicial error, which is what happened here. The appeals court unanimously threw out one of the judgements, which constituted 75% of the award. The rest of the award was reversed because the trial judge allowed Ventura's lawyer to make statements to the jury that both the lawyer and judge knew he wasn't allowed to make.
JU-87 wrote:On December 5th, 2017, Kyle estate and book publisher surrendered, and offed a secret monetary settlement.
You don't know any of that. You're accepting Ventura's statement. All we know is that both parties settled. He claimed something went into his account. Could've been 1c. Could've been his attorney costs. We don't know.
JU-87 wrote:Case closed. Chris Kyle was, among other things, a liar.
Ventura's a conspiracy theory nutjob who believes, among other things, that 9/11 was an inside job.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

JU-87 wrote:Chris Kyle lied to promote his book sales.
The Kyle estate and Publisher of Kyle's book appealed, and a retrial was scheduled.
On December 5th, 2017, Kyle estate and book publisher surrendered, and offed a secret monetary settlement.
Ventura accepted.

Those of you who are "Chris Kyle FanBoys" can make all your excuses now... :lol: :lol: :lol:
So your ripping on a dead guy who did have a record of service to his country.
He died before he could defend himself in court.

So the living ex wrestler ex UDT ex Governor won in a lawsuit....he beat a man who is now dead.

I cannot imagine the whole SEAL community based anything on the words of ONE man in turning their backs on Ventura, nor will they now embrace him with loving arms again.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

JU-87 wrote:Chris Kyle lied to promote his book sales.
Ventura accepted.

The only fanboy I see in this thread is you Mr. JU, I see you are a Jesse Ventura fanboy.

I've also noted that you have some sort hate for the armed forces.

Would you care to share the reason for all the hate filled posts?
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

JU-87, "Ventura", and Kyle all claim to have served in the military...so let's not rip any of them for being part of or outside of some club. Character assassination based on association or negative association is not an argument. Let us attempt to differentiate the messenger from the message, and debate the later instead of the former, shall we? Or are we all identity politics driven group-thinkers now? (see what I did there? Doesn't have the same ring to it...)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798