SB 234: Allow guns in subsidized housing

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

SB 234: Allow guns in subsidized housing

Post by rickt »

S. B. No. 234 - Senator LaRose.
Cosponsors: Senators Eklund, Jordan, Hottinger, Uecker.

To amend sections 5321.01 and 5321.13 of the Revised Code regarding a tenant of subsidized rental premises owning, using, or possessing a firearm, a firearm component, or ammunition within the tenant's residential dwelling unit.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 132-SB-234
JediSkipdogg

Re: SB 234: Allow guns in subsidized housing

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Ummm...

"Subsidized residential premises" does ... ing units.

So a single house receiving county assistance doesn't count?

Also, why does this bill even matter when 2923.126 already says landlords cannot prohibit and it doesn't break down into private or public housing.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

2923.126 requires the actor to have a CHL and only pertains to handguns. This does not require a CHL and pertains to all firearms.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

djthomas wrote:2923.126 requires the actor to have a CHL and only pertains to handguns. This does not require a CHL and pertains to all firearms.
But only to subsidized housing. So anyone else in an apartment is out of luck?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

JediSkipdogg wrote:But only to subsidized housing. So anyone else in an apartment is out of luck?
Indeed. Welcome to Ohio where a "part time" legislature is real good at making mangled messes with all their half butted exceptions and special cases to everything they touch. Nothing can ever be done in a straightforward manner. It's why we are here a year later and day cares must still post signs prohibiting concealed carry even if the proprietor permits otherwise. Except as provided, notwithstanding, unless any of the following, but only if all of these except if not the last one but these two instead...

It's also why my private employer can fire me if I take my pistol, put a trigger lock on it, put it in my glove compartment (which doesn't have a lock) and lock my vehicle, but they can't fire me if I take that same pistol, leave the trigger lock off, put it in a clear Tupperware container, wrap a bicycle lock around the container, and leave the whole contraption in the bed of my pickup with the tailgate down and the four ways going. However in the latter case they could fire me if I parked in the CEO's parking space.

What a joke.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

^^ I should make some if not all of djt's post my signature line. ^^
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.