Sen Rand Paul Assaulted

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Sen Rand Paul Assaulted

Post by WestonDon »

I saw Boucher going into court on Fox News. He doesn't look like a very large person. I have to wonder if he had some sort of a weapon or did he slammed Paul into the mower to break ribs like that?

Even though there was no gun involved I can't think of a better reason to carry everywhere all the time.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WestonDon wrote:I saw Boucher going into court on Fox News. He doesn't look like a very large person. I have to wonder if he had some sort of a weapon or did he slammed Paul into the mower to break ribs like that?

Even though there was no gun involved I can't think of a better reason to carry everywhere all the time.
I don't know if it would've even made a difference in this particular attack anyway, but I can't imagine being a national politician of either party and not carrying or having an armed bodyguard whenever I could just on general principle, never mind an angry neighbor. (particularly after the DC ball park shooting)
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

M-Quigley wrote:
WestonDon wrote:I saw Boucher going into court on Fox News. He doesn't look like a very large person. I have to wonder if he had some sort of a weapon or did he slammed Paul into the mower to break ribs like that?

I don't know if it would've even made a difference in this particular attack anyway, but I can't imagine being a national politician of either party and not carrying or having an armed bodyguard whenever I could just on general principle, never mind an angry neighbor. (particularly after the DC ball park shooting)
Rand Paul was at the ball park during the shooting, too.

I guess you catch more flak if you are over the target? Or he may just attract crazies.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Sen. Rand Paul returned to Capitol Hill Monday for the first time after he was brutally attacked at his Kentucky home less than two weeks ago.
El latón cajones santo, Batman!
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

The lawyer for Boucher says that politics were not involved BUT remember that if it did play a role then felony federal charges may apply for attacking a member of Congress. This would give the attorney incentive to deny any such motive. Truth is we don't know. But given the atmosphere, lack of previous known interaction about landscaping issues, one has to wonder if the liberal trantrum since the election is bearing fruit.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

catfish86 wrote:The lawyer for Boucher says that politics were not involved BUT remember that if it did play a role then felony federal charges may apply for attacking a member of Congress. This would give the attorney incentive to deny any such motive. Truth is we don't know. But given the atmosphere, lack of previous known interaction about landscaping issues, one has to wonder if the liberal trantrum since the election is bearing fruit.
Defense counsels say a lot of things.

{Acting as his own defense counsel] LIRR mass murderer Patrick Ferguson claimed that he didn't shoot anybody.

The attorney for Tony Abbate, the cop who tried to stomp the barmaid to death, claimed that the 100lb. Karolina Obrycka threw his 300lb. client around "like a ragdoll".
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The average person takes 20,000 breaths a day. Since November 3, my husband, Rand Paul, has not taken a single one without pain. He has not had a single night's sleep uninterrupted by long periods of difficult breathing or excruciating coughing.

As his wife, I have been distraught over seeing him suffer like this. There have been several nights where I had my hand on my phone ready to call 911 when his breathing became so labored it was terrifying.

Despite this, he refused to give in to the pain and was determined to fly back to Washington last week to do his job. As we walked through the airport returning from D.C., he was shivering with a 102.5 fever, and the next morning his internist diagnosed pneumonia in his damaged lung.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

First interview since injury..

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

After havingmultiple ribs broken....please hold.
9-1-1 call of assault.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The neighbor of Kentucky Senator Rand Paul pleaded guilty to attacking Paul.

Rene Boucher pleaded guilty to assaulting the Senator resulting in personal injury, a felony under federal law.

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

21 months in the slammer - think he will get it?
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A sentencing memorandum filed Friday by Boucher’s attorney said Paul repeatedly placed “unsightly” yard debris near the property line. On the day before the Nov. 3 attack, Boucher burned some debris left by Paul, according to the document obtained by the Daily News of Bowling Green. The next day, Paul placed more debris on the spot where the pile had been burned, it said.

Boucher, 60, has pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress and is scheduled to be sentenced Friday.

Boucher’s attorney, Matt Baker, filed the 10-page document in U.S. District Court on Friday. A call to Baker’s office was not returned Monday. The filing argued that putting Boucher in prison would serve no useful purpose.

“Other than the isolated incident that is in issue, Dr. Boucher has been a pillar of his community, a solid citizen, a family man and a devout Christian,” Baker wrote in his memorandum.

It said the disagreement over yard debris dates back to September 2017, when Paul piled a 10-foot-wide (3-meter-wide) stack of limbs onto a spot near Boucher’s property. The pile sat until October, when Boucher picked it up and hauled it away in portable dumpsters.

“Even though this debris was not on Dr. Boucher’s property, he viewed it as unsightly — as it was placed directly in his line of sight from his patio and the back door of his house,” the court record said.

Two more piles of debris appeared in the same month, and Boucher burned the pile on Nov. 2. Boucher used gasoline and suffered second-degree burns that he needed treatment for, the memorandum said.

The next day, Paul used his lawnmower to blow leaves onto Boucher’s yard and then made another branch pile in the same spot, it said.

“As Dr. Boucher has stated throughout, he lost his temper and tackled Rand Paul as Paul was carrying branches from another location on his property and placing them on the property line,” the memorandum said.
Dr. Doucher is a "solid citizen" every other day, but he snapped, and he should be set free based on his behavior the other 97.99% of his life? This is where a just judge must condemn and demand punishment for the lawlessness that has been admitted. Many will proudly deny guilt. Admitting guilt in an instance and then claiming to be a "solid citizen" in the aggregate is very similar to not coming to grips with the proper judgement due a person who nearly ended a life.

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

So... he admits to trespassing and arson as well as theft and destruction of property? Yeah, he's a real piller of the community and solid citizen. :roll:
bignflnut wrote:
A sentencing memorandum filed Friday by Boucher’s attorney said Paul repeatedly placed “unsightly” yard debris near the property line. On the day before the Nov. 3 attack, Boucher burned some debris left by Paul, according to the document obtained by the Daily News of Bowling Green. The next day, Paul placed more debris on the spot where the pile had been burned, it said.

Boucher, 60, has pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress and is scheduled to be sentenced Friday.

Boucher’s attorney, Matt Baker, filed the 10-page document in U.S. District Court on Friday. A call to Baker’s office was not returned Monday. The filing argued that putting Boucher in prison would serve no useful purpose.

“Other than the isolated incident that is in issue, Dr. Boucher has been a pillar of his community, a solid citizen, a family man and a devout Christian,” Baker wrote in his memorandum.

It said the disagreement over yard debris dates back to September 2017, when Paul piled a 10-foot-wide (3-meter-wide) stack of limbs onto a spot near Boucher’s property. The pile sat until October, when Boucher picked it up and hauled it away in portable dumpsters.

“Even though this debris was not on Dr. Boucher’s property, he viewed it as unsightly — as it was placed directly in his line of sight from his patio and the back door of his house,” the court record said.

Two more piles of debris appeared in the same month, and Boucher burned the pile on Nov. 2. Boucher used gasoline and suffered second-degree burns that he needed treatment for, the memorandum said.

The next day, Paul used his lawnmower to blow leaves onto Boucher’s yard and then made another branch pile in the same spot, it said.

“As Dr. Boucher has stated throughout, he lost his temper and tackled Rand Paul as Paul was carrying branches from another location on his property and placing them on the property line,” the memorandum said.
Dr. Doucher is a "solid citizen" every other day, but he snapped, and he should be set free based on his behavior the other 97.99% of his life? This is where a just judge must condemn and demand punishment for the lawlessness that has been admitted. Many will proudly deny guilt. Admitting guilt in an instance and then claiming to be a "solid citizen" in the aggregate is very similar to not coming to grips with the proper judgement due a person who nearly ended a life.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Hyflyer

Post by Hyflyer »

I'll bet there's more to the story. Prolly not just by chance that Senator Paul was piling debris in that specific spot.

As for the good doctor ... time to face the music. There are consequences for trespass, arson and assault even for model citizens who "cross the line" literally and figuratively.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Am I the only one that noticed this, that he got second degree burns by burning the brush that wasn’t on his
property? Really?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member