Ohio Chief Goober candidate posts a 50-burger

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Ohio Chief Goober candidate posts a 50-burger

Post by bignflnut »

Ohio Supreme Court Justiceand Democratic gubernatorial candidate Bill O’Neill disclosed his personal sexual history on Facebook on Friday in light of recent allegations against Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., and Senate candidate Roy Moore.

SNIP

The gubernatorial candidate went on to explain in some detail that he was sexually intimate with roughly 50 “very attractive” women.

“It ranged from a gorgeous personal secretary to Senator Bob Taft (Senior) who was my first true love and we made passionate love in the hayloft of her parents barn in Gallipolis and ended with a drop dead gorgeous red-head who was a senior advisor to Peter Lewis at Progressive Insurance in Cleveland,” he noted.
Behold, and Ohio SCJustice, as juxtaposed against Alabama's Judge Roy Moore...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
slowquest

Re: Ohio Chief Goober candidate posts a 50-burger

Post by slowquest »

I totally read that as it ranged from the secretary ALL THE WAY TO Sen Bob Taft (who happened to be the first true love)......
“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

IMO you're focusing on the wrong part of the statement. The real kicker is at the end:
Now can we get back to discussing legalizing marijuana and opening the state hospital network to combat the opioid crisis. I am sooooo disappointed by this national feeding frenzy about sexual indiscretions decades ago.
There's important differences between sexual harassment, sexual assault and sexual "indiscretions".
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

How many men have, on a date, put an arm around her and touched a breast only to have your hand brushed away!
We are in trouble!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Cruiser wrote:How many men have, on a date, put an arm around her and touched a breast only to have your hand brushed away!
We are in trouble!
Almost all of the sexually related allegations that I've heard on the news aren't like that at all, or even something that supposedly happened on a "date", unless you count Roy Moore allegedly dating some 16 yr olds. Granted, if he did date them, it was perfectly legal to do, just like a lot of things might be legal. There is a difference between something that might've happened on a date (and might even be accidental) versus groping someone when they are not on anything remotely like a "date". Sometimes it's not just what happened, but the context in which it allegedly happened.

from the news link
After sharing these personal details, he added that he is “disappointed” by the sexual assault allegations in the news cycle right now and hopes Ohio could discuss issues such as legalizing marijuana
It sounds like the Justice maybe didn't wait for pot to be legalized. :roll:
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

slowquest wrote:I totally read that as it ranged from the secretary ALL THE WAY TO Sen Bob Taft (who happened to be the first true love)......
Same, even read it over a couple times before just saying okay, not my place to judge....
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

slowquest wrote:I totally read that as it ranged from the secretary ALL THE WAY TO Sen Bob Taft (who happened to be the first true love)......
I didn't notice that until you posted this. So much for him sticking up for all hetrosexual males :mrgreen: You two aren't the only ones to notice the error (he's since corrected it) however

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... _says.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

M-Quigley wrote:
I didn't notice that until you posted this. So much for him sticking up for all hetrosexual males :mrgreen: You two aren't the only ones to notice the error (he's since corrected it) however

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... _says.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had to read it twice to understand what he meant. You would think that an Ohio Supreme Court Justice could write with a little better syntax.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

"If I offended anyone, particularly the wonderful women in my life, I apologize," he wrote on Facebook Saturday. "But if I have helped elevate the discussion on the serious issues of sexual assault, as opposed to personal indiscretions, to a new level...I make no apologies."

O'Neill also offered a defense of Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), who has come under fire in recent days after allegations emerged that he forcibly kissed and groped a woman in 2006, saying that the allegations against him are far less serious than those against GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore.

"Suggesting the admitted conduct of Senator Al Franken and the alleged conduct of Judge Roy Moore are on the same level trivializes the serious subject at hand," O'Neill wrote.

"There are Democrats out there who are saying neither one of them pass the purity test to sit in the United States Senate. And that is sad," he added.
"Purity test" :roll:
She's a witch!

Here's a Supreme Court Justice...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

I must ask......does O'Neill think he is a Clinton ?
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Cruiser wrote:How many men have, on a date, put an arm around her and touched a breast only to have your hand brushed away!
We are in trouble!
I've been mentally searching my past trying to figure out if there's something there that might come back to bite me. I don't think so but well, let's just say my hand didn't always get brushed away. Those sweet young things are all old women now and who knows how memories have evolved over the years. I'm glad I live a low profile life.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member