Kasich Calls for New Gun Rights Discussions.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tru-Heathen

Kasich Calls for New Gun Rights Discussions.

Post by Tru-Heathen »

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/825634/16

"In effort to respond in earnest to the mass shootings in the United States, Gov. John Kasich, R-Ohio, called for a discussion among "reasonable people" to "advance something" to "a consensus" while "respecting the Second Amendment."...
...""I can't tell you this effort will be successful; I don't know," Kasich said, calling for gun discussions. "Here's what I do know: If we can get pro gun and those who want to have limits on some of the things that we see – bump stocks, people carrying arsenals around in their cars, or whatever it is – that is the best chance to be able to advance something, when there is a consensus."

Governor Butthurt is sounding more and more like a Dhimmicrat.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Kasich Calls for New Gun Rights Discussions.

Post by TSiWRX »

What the heck is "carrying arsenals around in their cars?" :? :x :roll:

If I'm going to a handgun class, I've got my carry handgun plus my class handgun plus a backup handgun in the car, with likely somewhere just south of 15 loaded mags and maybe 1K to 2K of 9mm. Is that an arsenal?

If I'm going to a carbine class, I'll have the above, PLUS my class AR plus a backup AR with me, adding another 20 loaded AR mags and maybe 1K more of loose 5.56/.223. Is that an arsenal?

And heaven forbid if my daughter's joining me for a range-day. We're going to be adding a couple of .22LR handguns and her .22LR-AR plus her full-caliber AR to the mix. And the last time I checked, I was able to fit more than a couple of thousand .22LRs into even just a "medium" sized Plano Ammo Box. So now what? Am I also an irresponsible parent, to-boot?

Shoot-house class? Well, now I've got a ballistic helmet and plates, which is required safety equipment. Where does *_this_* land me on the spectrum of the crazy/crazed gun-owner?
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

Kasich is returning to his Rino roots.
He will be out of office soon, and wants to set himself up as a moderate to attract more support for his next run at office.
What he gains in new support will not replace the number of votes lost......I believe his support of the original AW ban(and other issues) as a congress critter cost him.
This time around, we will not be so forgiving.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

He never left his RINO roots. :roll:
Agree he's doing this for a shot a another job even if it is as a lobbyist for Bloomberg.

And do you think this "new" stance will influence him with respect to current gun legislation in the OGA ?
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

Tru-Heathen wrote:He never left his RINO roots. :roll:
Agree he's doing this for a shot a another job even if it is as a lobbyist for Bloomberg.

And do you think this "new" stance will influence him with respect to current gun legislation in the OGA ?
I will not disagree one bit.
He went to the right on gun issues until he didn't need us.
I am starting to think he is the one behind this fiasco on HB142, just as Taft did with his back door dealings to screw over the original CCW legislation.
The Repub's and the NRA had better grow a set, and stand up to this stupidity if they want to remain a viable political force.
Caving in to, and continuing to support a pol that publicly renounces his previous supporters, does not instill confidence in their ability to accomplish anything.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Kasich is a complete fecal pellet IMHO.

I am SO glad I did not vote for him, nor his strongest opponent.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

It was easier to look my previous post up cut&paste...

TOPIC: SB 219: Prohibit accelerating semi-automatic firearm's

Re:Kasich has become the new Bob Taft IMHO.
Caveat emptor; be wary of who he actively courts & supports in the Guber race. Most all need photo ops, and there's the party rub shoulders thingie, but there will be a favorite
8)

Unfortunately as more ''statements'' are made, I believe I will have to repost this several time in the Ohio Guber election cycle...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Kasich's next move would best be as an Independent; the Democrats wouldn't want him, they've already got Biden and Clinton all poised and ready to go, along with another semi-auto rifle ban minus the sunset clause.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

curmudgeon3 wrote:Kasich's next move would best be as an Independent; the Democrats wouldn't want him, they've already got Biden and Clinton all poised and ready to go, along with another semi-auto rifle ban minus the sunset clause.
Who would finance his campaign as an Independent?
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

M-Quigley wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:Kasich's next move would best be as an Independent; the Democrats wouldn't want him, they've already got Biden and Clinton all poised and ready to go, along with another semi-auto rifle ban minus the sunset clause.
Who would finance his campaign as an Independent?
Other grass-roots and PAC Independents. By the time the next general election rolls around they will be a Party to be reckoned with; their numbers have been growing fast recently because of the turmoil in the two traditional Parties.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I would think that any PAC pushing a POTUS platform with enough clout and ca$h to back it up would not highlight a former POTUS candidate who won a wopping one (1) state
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Agreed, and there will be other Independent hats in the ring.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

From what I've seen in previous elections, you're not going to get a consensus opinion on supporting one candidate from most of the 3rd party groups. Most of them are either farther left or right than the Dem's or the Republicans.

I've heard someone locally theorize that Kasich thinks the Republicans are going to lose big in the midterms, maybe even losing control of the house and Senate, and that Kasich will try to sell himself as the savior of whats left of the Republican party. Sort of a "see I told you so" message.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

The only "grown up" on the 2016 primary debate stage 'eh ?
The Donald turned him into a snowflake.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Since Kasich doesn't need us anymore, I am expecting him to veto any gun rights legislation that shows up on his desk.