Texas Church shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Texas Church shooting

Post by Javelin Man »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/more- ... li=BBnb7Kz

Is nothing sacred? Do they allow concealed carry in Texas churches? There were only 40-50 people in the church so half were killed, more injured. :evil:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Re: Texas Church shooting

Post by M-Quigley »

And it didn't take long for an anti gun Democratic politician to politicize to comment, despite not having all of the facts in yet. :roll:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/35886 ... s-shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The odd thing was, the politician was responding to a blog post dated Wednesday, August 31, 2016 Wednesday, August 31, 2016
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Javelin Man wrote:Is nothing sacred?
No, sadly not anymore.
Javelin Man wrote:Do they allow concealed carry in Texas churches?
The answer is yes, but unless you read TX law carefully you would think it is not - and it wasn't originally allowed so I suspect many don't know that it is. Here's a good article on the topic:

http://www.lapinlawtx.com/firearms-blog ... of-worship" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

News article I read said the shooter was dishonorably discharged from the Airforce after a court martial. Doesn’t that legally prevent him from owning a firearm? The article also said he posted pictures of his AR15 on Facebook. I wonder how he got his hands on a rifle?
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

At this point, UK media says court marshalled and dishonorable discharge in May 2014. Volunteered
for Bible studies teacher after said discharge.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

He could have stabbed one person to death and anti-gun cultists would be calling for invidiously racist gun controls.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I was out shopping most of the day and show the news when I sat down for dinner. Channel hopping between FOX and MSNBC. FOX news didn't mention gun control at all but the paid analysts on MSNBC sure did start it. At the bottom of screen it listed analyst/politician name with the (D) behind the name. Not surprised, but my condolences goes out to the victims and their families.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Starting to sound like a non-LE good guy engaged and killed the shooter, possibly with a long gun. At this point, reported details are all over the board.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

As of about 2000, on Fox for quite some time, no mention of "gun control", but I'm expecting that the usual suspects will be out there trying to ban whatever weapons the BG used, and whatever the "civilian" used to punch (possibly) the subject's ticket.

Zero has apparently come out with with a "gun control" message just reported on Fox, and I think that Hitlery and the rest have jumped in for more control, too.

I really can't understand why NOBODY in the Church was able to get a shot off (presuming that anybody was carrying), but somebody said that we should ban "bump stocks", so who knows how fast this went down.

It is, I think, a call for everybody who's willing to carry, to do so in Houses of Worship, and that any legal barriers be dropped.

But what do I know? My wife doesn't understand it....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Brian D. wrote:Starting to sound like a non-LE good guy engaged and killed the shooter, possibly with a long gun. At this point, reported details are all over the board.
Yeah, I think your right. This is a direct quote from an ABC news article about this shooting.

“As the suspect exited the church, a local resident grabbed his rifle and engaged the suspect, after which he dropped his assault-type rifle and fled, authorities said.”

So it looks like he fled after being confronted by an armed civilian.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

SMMAssociates wrote:I really can't understand why NOBODY in the Church was able to get a shot off (presuming that anybody was carrying), but somebody said that we should ban "bump stocks", so who knows how fast this went down.
I believe it's illegal to carry a concealed firearm in a church in Texas.

Yet again, we see what happens when:
  1. free fire zones [for criminals only] are created.
  2. attention craving sociopaths are rewarded with infinite attention.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

deanimator wrote:I believe it's illegal to carry a concealed firearm in a church in Texas.
As I posted previously, it is legal unless the church posts a 30-06 sign. But unless you read TX law carefully you would think it is not - and it wasn't originally allowed so I suspect many don't know that it is. Here's a good article on the topic:

http://www.lapinlawtx.com/firearms-blog ... of-worship" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JustaShooter wrote:
deanimator wrote:I believe it's illegal to carry a concealed firearm in a church in Texas.
As I posted previously, it is legal unless the church posts a 30-06 sign. But unless you read TX law carefully you would think it is not - and it wasn't originally allowed so I suspect many don't know that it is. Here's a good article on the topic:

I read the link you posted. Texas legislature appears to have changed the law so that gun rights people dialed in to their statehouse would understand the change, while pandering to the lefty rhymin' revruns a little bit at the same time. Pathetic.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Mr. Glock wrote:At this point, UK media says court marshalled and dishonorable discharge in May 2014. Volunteered
for Bible studies teacher after said discharge.
Fox is saying the court martial was for DV in 2012 and confined for 12 months then a BCD. The DV alone would make him a prohibited person. Wonder how he obtained his firearms.

Texas church shooting
He was court-martialed in 2012 for assaulting his wife and his child. Kelley received a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force, in addition to confinement for 12 months and was reduced in rank.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

cashman966 wrote:Fox is saying the court martial was for DV in 2012 and confined for 12 months then a BCD. The DV alone would make him a prohibited person. Wonder how he obtained his firearms.
Bet the anti's jump all over that one - "gun show loophole", of course....

It would be interesting to find out. Probably his wife bought them. I doubt if her background check would light up anything - especially due to their mutual history with her the victim. A politico who denied a "license" to a frightened woman who was later harmed might have problems in the next election.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם