County Legislator tries to get out of ticket

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

County Legislator tries to get out of ticket

Post by bignflnut »

How long can you stand this pathetic blubbering?
Jennifer Schwartz Berky, Ulster County legislator, gets a speeding ticket. Released by town of Ulster, 10/24/17.

Here's the full stop.

Anyone want to comment?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: County Legislator tries to get out of ticket

Post by bignflnut »

Party Affiliation:
Democrat, Green, Working Families

Born and raised in New York City, Jennifer earned a Bachelor’s degree in Art History from SUNY Stony Brook and Masters’ degrees in Urban Planning and Real Estate Development from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation. She is also certified in conservation by ICCROM, an intergovernmental UNESCO program in Rome, Italy. Ms. Berky has lived for several years abroad during her career and studies, and is fluent in Spanish, French and Italian.
You don't say... :roll:
The video released earlier this week of my Town of Ulster traffic stop captured a tough moment for me,” stated Berky. “Like so many working families, I too face tough times and stressful situations. As a professional, a public servant and a mother, I know my interaction with Police Officer Gary Short was unacceptable. I want to apologize to Officer Short and thank him for his patience and professionalism with me during a very difficult time.”

She continued:

“This has been a humbling experience for me. I hope to use it to grow and learn how to better represent the diverse working families who reside in the great the city of Kingston.”

SNIP

A joint statement of support for Berky was also released today by Joseph Donaldson, chairman of the Kingston Democratic Committee; Phil Leber, regional political director of the Working Families Party; Callie Jayne, lead organizer of Citizen Action of the Hudson Valley; and Hector Rodriguez, Democratic leader of the Ulster County Legislature.

“Jennifer has been a dedicated public servant for decades and an important progressive voice on the Ulster County Legislature. We stand united in supporting her re-election as the legislator of District 7. We know she is a knowledgeable city planner, environmental advocate, and steadfast champion of human rights– her many strengths serve her well in her her position as a legislator, including her ability to reflect and learn from her experiences…We would like to thank Officer Short for his professionalism and patience in a difficult situation.”
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Elections...consequences.
MyWifeSaidYes
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

Hopefully someone has a long talk with officer Short on issuing a citation he knows to be false.

It could be a bad day for Short if Berky contested the seat belt ticket and showed up with a copy of the video, especially if Short had just testified that Berky wasn't wearing a seat belt.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Wow, she put on quite the show....
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Here's another look at Jennifer Schwartz Berky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhZpDPvCuNU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quite the liberal.
HancockCountyHaL
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Standard practice. The DA and judge/magistrate are only to happy to go along with. Odds are the LEO wouldn't be there for your "trial". The judge/magistrate will gladly postpone the "trial" till such time as the LEO can make an appearance and write the correct ticket. Have dealt with such issues before. At that level (traffic court) they really aren't interested in justice or doing what is right; they just want their money.
ashtabula wrote:Hopefully someone has a long talk with officer Short on issuing a citation he knows to be false.

It could be a bad day for Short if Berky contested the seat belt ticket and showed up with a copy of the video, especially if Short had just testified that Berky wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.