Officer JBT arrests Nurse...

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: Officer JBT arrests Nurse...

Post by evan price »

http://fox13now.com/2017/09/07/salt-lak ... stigation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill has requested the FBI's assistance in the investigation into the arrest of a Utah nurse who refused to allow a blood draw from an unconscious patient without following proper procedure.

In a statement released Thursday, Gill said his office officially requested the FBI investigate: "any and all individuals involved in the chain of conduct arising from the incident at the University of Utah Hospital on July 26, 2017 for any Civil Rights Violations under the color of authority."

Gill said he requested the FBI's help due to events beyond a mere criminal investigation.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Payne and the lieutenant both need to lose their jobs and any further career in law enforcement. But I'm sure the FOP union would fight that tooth and nail.

qmti wrote:In past years my father in-law was a deputy sheriff, I've has state patrolman and policeman work for me, and I do have former police officers as friends. I've always been pro law enforcement. Sadly, with the daily news of LEO behaving badly I'm becoming more cautious about my views of LEO. And my wife was a nurse and worked in the ER. If this would have happened to her I'd be looking for the best lawyer in the country.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

evan price wrote:http://fox13now.com/2017/09/07/salt-lak ... stigation/
Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill has requested the FBI's assistance in the investigation into the arrest of a Utah nurse who refused to allow a blood draw from an unconscious patient without following proper procedure.

In a statement released Thursday, Gill said his office officially requested the FBI investigate: "any and all individuals involved in the chain of conduct arising from the incident at the University of Utah Hospital on July 26, 2017 for any Civil Rights Violations under the color of authority."

Gill said he requested the FBI's help due to events beyond a mere criminal investigation.
The crash that started the whole thing was in Idaho, and the victim was lifeflighted to Utah. I wonder if they are asking for the FBI because of crossing state lines.
If the department in Idaho requested the blood, as the SLC cops contend, why would they want victim's blood? (CYA, I suppose)
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Just saw on MSN tonight that Payne has been fired from his job and the lieutenant has been demoted to beat officer. Justice served.
calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

qmti wrote:Just saw on MSN tonight that Payne has been fired from his job and the lieutenant has been demoted to beat officer. Justice served.
Justice will be served when Payne faces criminal charges.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

qmti wrote:Just saw on MSN tonight that Payne has been fired from his job and the lieutenant has been demoted to beat officer. Justice served.
The FOP will claim it happened because he suffered from PTSD or something, and sue to get his job back. He won't, but the city will use that as an excuse to settle with the officer, so he'll get his back pay and retirement. It's happened before in other places. :roll:
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Not until they're prosecuted and sued into poverty.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Nurse just settled for $500,000.00
http://fox8.com/2017/10/31/utah-nurse-s ... -on-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Utah nurse who was arrested for refusing to let a police officer draw blood from an unconscious patient said Tuesday that she was settling with Salt Lake City and the university that runs the hospital for $500,000.
The settlement covers all possible defendants in a lawsuit, including individual police officers and hospital security officers, and the payout will be divided among the city and the University of Utah.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Good for her
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Bruenor wrote:Nurse just settled for $500,000.00
http://fox8.com/2017/10/31/utah-nurse-s ... -on-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Utah nurse who was arrested for refusing to let a police officer draw blood from an unconscious patient said Tuesday that she was settling with Salt Lake City and the university that runs the hospital for $500,000.
The settlement covers all possible defendants in a lawsuit, including individual police officers and hospital security officers, and the payout will be divided among the city and the University of Utah.
I'm glad she got retribution. Let's see, the lawyer gets 40% of the 500 grand?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

qmti wrote:I'm glad she got retribution. Let's see, the lawyer gets 40% of the 500 grand?
I thought it was 1/3.

I'd be using some of that money to make the cop's life VERY unpleasant.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

deanimator wrote:
qmti wrote:I'm glad she got retribution. Let's see, the lawyer gets 40% of the 500 grand?
I thought it was 1/3.

I'd be using some of that money to make the cop's life VERY unpleasant.
Most attorneys go 1/3 it settled out of court and 40% if taking it to trial. That's on top of all the other fees that one is responsible for and trial can add ALOT of court fees. So generally one has to believe they can get about 25% more for trial to even be worth it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

From: https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2017 ... ettlement/
Now Wubbels plans to use a portion of the settlement to help other police abuse victims obtain access to body cam footage.
Make it hurt for EVERYBODY when they stand around and let other cops commit crimes.

Chicago cops didn't care abut the beating of the barmaid (some vocally supported it).

They cared that the microscope was turned on ALL of them because of it.