New Guy saying "Howdy!!"

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tech141

New Guy saying "Howdy!!"

Post by tech141 »

Good Day to everyone here.

My name is Mike, and I am a new Ohio resident (Columbus area) recently transplanted from Ill-Noise. I moved to the area following my 8-year old daughter who moved here with my ex-wife a few months ago (gotta be a DAD, and long distance doesn't count). I was was an active player in getting CCW in Ill-noise, and intend to get my Ohio CCW in 39 days, as soon as I legally can. I am a huge proponent of Open Carry as well.

I like shooting, and am intending to get involved with IDPA when I can hook up with a local group. I also enjoy motorcycles, heavy metal music, home rehab, hunting, moonlit nights and long walks in the rain.... :D

I originally hail from Oklahoma, but have been around the globe in my 20 years with the USAF. Seen a lot, Done a lot. Still have a lot to see, do, and learn.

Hoping to meet some good folks here and will my best to be a positive addition to the community. I do tend to get long-winded at times, and have been told that I have the 'Gift of Gab'., so please bear with me. I WILL eventually get to the point, I just don't always get there in a straight line.

I hope you all have an Outstanding Day!!

Mike
Heavy Metal Cowboy

Life is too short to get old so quick.

The Problem is not the problem. The Problem is your attitude about the problem.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: New Guy saying "Howdy!!"

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome to OFCC!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Hey, great intro, felt like I had to respond as all of my posts are too long also. Not "Stu" long, but too long.

My interests are handguns, avoiding tupperware handguns the best I can, S&W 1-2-3rd Gens and PC pistols, S&W revolvers and handloading, lots and lots of handloading across many calibers.

I carry always, like many of us, but carry/defense is something that I "also" do, not my main focus by a long shot. I love handguns because I love to own them and shoot them.

In the unlikely event that you may not have known, OFCC is THE reason that we gained concealed carry in Ohio, and that's just a single reason to be a part of this group.

Welcome!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to OFCC!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Welcome! Especially glad to see another practical pistol shooter, IDPA or USPSA. Make sure to check the list of matches coming up here. Not much left this year, but PCSI in Circleville is having one in just over a week. Long drive for me from Cleveland but may try and make it. Great group of people there. You're also not that far from Ashland Lake which is another great group of people. Gee, seems like a lot of great people shoot IDPA!
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome to OFCC and the best place to get answers on conceal carry laws...

Don't worry about long posts , most of the guys on here don't have anything to do anyway.. :wink:

There are quite a few guys that are very well trained and knowledgeable.....so ask away...

THanks for you're Service...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I for got.....I'm not one of the well trained guys. :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
tech141

Post by tech141 »

Thanks for your kind responses and 'welcomes'!

Moving to Ohio has been fun. The OC laws here are seriously messed up (having to disarm/unload/lock up.... 8) , but still better than Ill-Noise where there isn't any OC.

Sevens - How far East of CBus are ya? I'm in Canal Winchester, actually closer to Brice (near Refugee and Brice rd). Don't really appreciate that area, and am looking for a house either in the Pataskala area or in Canal Winchester proper. Both seem to be good places to live. Looking for a house on some acreage (3+) where I can spread my wings a tad. Barring that, a place with a big'ol garage would fit the bill. I like doing wood working projects and need a workshop.

I'm working at the DSCC in Whitehall, so my daily commute can be interesting, to say the least.

Are there any outdoor shooting ranges in the area anyone would recommend? I have a 30-06 I need to sight in.

Also - looking for a new EDC. Currently utilize an S&W M&P9C that I like, but have my eyes on a Sig P226 that seems tasty. Vance Outdoors in Obetz has caught my fancy. Good selection/prices and some of the ladies working there are nicely apportioned. They DO need a snack bar or diner to make it a "Destination" instead of a place to go just to shop.

Anyhoo - I hope everyone has an Outstanding Day. Looks like the weekend will be a good one.

Mike
Heavy Metal Cowboy

Life is too short to get old so quick.

The Problem is not the problem. The Problem is your attitude about the problem.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Welcome and THANK YOU for your service to our GREAT country!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

Welcome to OFCC
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Welcome
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Did everyone here see what he said ?

Looks like we have another possible "active" activist that wants to join our ranks here in Ohio ! 8)

Mike, if you want to get involved, how about joining us through a patron membership !
We , (OFCC), do get involved at the statehouse and end up fighting municipalities in the courtroom and that takes some green $.
Memberships and donations help us protect the rights we have and further them in the future.

If your interested in getting involved here, please stick around and join in the discussions here......we will find plenty for you to do !!! :D
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

G'day, and welcome. (What's your MOS number in the AF.)