off duty cop allegedly banned by bank after DGU

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

off duty cop allegedly banned by bank after DGU

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.fox19.com/story/36466962/off ... -justified" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HAMILTON COUNTY, OH (FOX19) -

An off-duty cop is no longer welcome inside the bank where he fired his weapon while trying to stop a robbery in-progress, according to county officials.

Mount St. Joseph University police officer Carl Rauschenberger was justified when he returned fire at two suspects inside the Key Bank in Colerain Township, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters announced Wednesday.

Rauschenberger won’t be facing charges for the May 22 incident, but he will need to find a new bank, Deters said.

"The disturbing part of this story is this: this morning, I spoke with the police officer and he told me that Key Bank called him and told him that they no longer wanted his business because he had traumatized the bank customers and employees,” Deters said.

However, Key Bank disputes that claim.

"There appears to have been a misunderstanding, and we apologize for any confusion," the company said in a statement Wednesday night. "To be clear, at no time did we ask this client to end his relationship with KeyBank and we will contact him to discuss his concerns."
and
There were no injuries to the police officer, the customers in the bank or any bank employees.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: off duty cop allegedly banned by bank after DGU

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

...However, Key Bank disputes that claim.

"There appears to have been a misunderstanding, and we apologize for any confusion," the company said in a statement Wednesday night. "To be clear, at no time did we ask this client to end his relationship with KeyBank and we will contact him to discuss his concerns."
Yeah, THIS wasn't in the story as it was originally posted.

I DO hope someone (Brian D. :wink: ) can find out how the bank backpeddaled this one what the bank had to say.
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I know Carl and will ask when the opportunity presents itself. In addition to his law enforcement service Carl has been an NRA instructor (concealed carry and other classes), gun club board member, and gun rights guy. One of us.

If he says the bank's security was negative towards his actions, I fully believe it. Sounds like a case of Top Brass walking back dumb remarks.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Brian D. wrote:I know Carl and will ask when the opportunity presents itself. In addition to his law enforcement service Carl has been an NRA instructor (concealed carry and other classes), gun club board member, and gun rights guy. One of us.

If he says the bank's security was negative towards his actions, I fully believe it. Sounds like a case of Top Brass walking back dumb remarks.
And not until they were called out on it.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Don't we have a thread somewhere about off duty LEOS carrying their firearm anywhere ? And us poor little guys can't ....this is exactly what I was trying to get across....

Key Bank DOES NOT POST..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Key Bank DOES NOT POST..
At least none of the ones I go to does.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Corporate policy...wife has been with them for 35 years....
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Corporate policy...wife has been with them for 35 years....
I think I saw one in Beachwood 10-12 years ago that was posted. I don't recall seeing another since.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I think if someone at the bank was traumatized at being in a robbery, they should blame the robber, not someone trying to defend themselves.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

M-Quigley wrote:I think if someone at the bank was traumatized at being in a robbery, they should blame the robber, not someone trying to defend themselves.

THIS.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D. wrote:I know Carl and will ask when the opportunity presents itself. In addition to his law enforcement service Carl has been an NRA instructor (concealed carry and other classes), gun club board member, and gun rights guy. One of us.

Any chance of getting this guy to join our forum here and participate in this discussion, Brian, since you know him ?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I can ask, but have no current phone number or other contact info for Carl. I see him at gun shows periodically, that's about it.

On another note, it's interesting that the second robber is still in the wind someplace. From the video it appears he was hit by at least one bullet.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Don't we have a thread somewhere about off duty LEOS carrying their firearm anywhere ? And us poor little guys can't ....this is exactly what I was trying to get across....

Key Bank DOES NOT POST..
I've never seen one posted. Moved my loans and accounts to key to get away from the arm pit of all banks :evil: FIFTH THIRD. :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Wonder if this was a case of a lower level manager soiling his or her pants and trying to be proactive to eliminate future drycleaning charges. Then corporate heard the bombs going off.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

schmieg wrote:Wonder if this was a case of a lower level manager soiling his or her pants and trying to be proactive to eliminate future drycleaning charges. Then corporate heard the bombs going off.
I LIKE how you put things into perspective, schmieg,......I really do ! LOL
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".