Dayton Metro Library

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Suckerspawn

Dayton Metro Library

Post by Suckerspawn »

Something does not sound right.

http://www.whio.com/news/breaking-news/ ... QUQ5NFqfN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
Suckerspawn

Dayton Metro Library

Post by Suckerspawn »

Do we need an open carry walk in the Library parking lot?

http://www.whio.com/news/breaking-news/ ... QUQ5NFqfN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Dayton Metro Library

Post by Javelin Man »

This should be nothing new, they couldn't prohibit patrons from storing weapons in their vehicles before, just employees. Now they can (have to) allow employees to store weapons in their cars and think they are doing the patrons a favor by 'allowing' them to store them in cars for easier access to thieves.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

Can they prohibit 'open carry' in their parking lot? Can they prohibit a non-CHL holder from properly storing a firearm in their vehicle?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Suckerspawn wrote:Can they prohibit 'open carry' in their parking lot? Can they prohibit a non-CHL holder from properly storing a firearm in their vehicle?
Since it is public property, nope, and nope (unless they are employees...).
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

How nice, they are complying with the law. I'm sure after the incident at the library in downtown Columbus back in June (http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=89998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), You'll be seeing GB signs in more and more libraries...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

dustymedic wrote:I'm sure after the incident at the library in downtown Columbus back in June (http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=89998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), You'll be seeing GB signs in more and more libraries...
If they are run by the city or county, they are statutory no-carry zones anyway, and are supposed to be posted...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Suckerspawn wrote:Do we need an open carry walk in the Library parking lot?

Is the policy of the Dayton library legal under the law in regards to prohibiting open carry in their parking lot? Related to the library's legal status, is a open carry in the lot legal?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote:
Suckerspawn wrote:Do we need an open carry walk in the Library parking lot?

Is the policy of the Dayton library legal under the law in regards to prohibiting open carry in their parking lot? Related to the library's legal status, is a open carry in the lot legal?
JustaShooter answered this in the other thread but I will reiterate: They could prohibit open carry in the parking lot by their employees, but nobody else.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I haven't been to the downtown Dayton library in a few years, but the last time I was there, (the old location) there weren't any no guns signs outside anyway, just on the doors leading in. I had no idea they supposedly had a no guns policy in any of their parking lots. The old library had a little park like area behind it, a hangout for the panhandlers and druggies. The security the article referred to, well, I never saw them go outside at all. Most of the few crime problems I had heard about happened outside anyway, but you still have to get to or from your car.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

This was cross posted in " In The News" and ORC 9.68 Compliance, I merged the two topics into one.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852