John Glenn International?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

John Glenn International?

Post by dustymedic »

Tomorrow night i'm picking up a friend at John Glenn International ( Port Columbus) very late. I plan om sitting in the cell phone lot and meeting him at the Arrivals Pick ups curbside. Should I have any problems if i don't actually go into the terminal building itself? I have to work EARLY the next day and if I short cut through some of the more colorful parts of C-Bus and can shave close to a half hour off my drive. should I stick my pistol in my lock box when I pull off the cell lot and retrieve it as I leave Port Authority property?
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
someguy

Re: John Glenn International?

Post by someguy »

No trouble at all. I've carried into the terminal.
This is one of the few times it's ok to call ahead for permission. My experience involved a late night pickup as well. In order to be ABsolutely certain it was legal as I believed it to be I called the previous day and asked the port columbus police. After a quick " hang on let me check" I was told as long as I didn't pass into the secure area past tsa it was legal and not an issue. I even got the phone operators agent # when I asked for her name. Just in case I needed to say so in so said I could.
Been legal since march? I think
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I agree with someguy, the way I understand the law you should be fine in the cell phone lot or even in the terminal up to the secure area.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

That's cool - I'm glad to hear they're not playing the "yeah but we're also a government facility" card.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Okay, thanks everyone.
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
hall1343

Post by hall1343 »

Sorry to revive an old post but I visited CMH a couple of weeks and, when traveling through the lower level walkway from the parking garage into the terminal, I exited the elevators and took a short walk (inside) before I reached the automated doors allowing entrance into the terminal area. After we went through my son-in-law asked (discretely) if I was legal. I wondered, at the time, why he would suddenly ask but i went on my way.

About a week later we returned and traversed the same route... this time I actually LOOKED for any "notifications" on or around the doorway. Sure enough, there was a sticker indicating that guns were prohibited in the terminal. I didn't grab a picture of it (and maybe I should have but I didnt want "proof that I had seen it" actually on my person if I was asked :-) ). I was still confident (because of this board) that I was legal but didnt want Barney Fife messing with my evening plans with my granddaughter.
AV8TOR

Post by AV8TOR »

I just called the Airport Police as I need to drop my wife off early tomorrow morning. She said that with the new law it is okay to carry in the terminal but you can't cross the TSA lines. The caveat though for me is she did mention that the signs are still up on the entrance ways in making it uncertain to me. Sheesh!
vmtkac

Post by vmtkac »

AV8TOR wrote:I just called the Airport Police as I need to drop my wife off early tomorrow morning. She said that with the new law it is okay to carry in the terminal but you can't cross the TSA lines. The caveat though for me is she did mention that the signs are still up on the entrance ways in making it uncertain to me. Sheesh!
I called and was told the same thing. It is fine to carry outside of the TSA secure area.
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Sounds like the gun control lobby, hard at work, posting signs.
HancockCountyHaL