Never in the Military? This is a glimpse...

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Never in the Military? This is a glimpse...

Post by JU-87 »

Never in the Military? This is a glimpse of how it REALLY IS!

http://www.militarycorruption.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it was a good job, I would have stayed. :lol: I was in the US Army 4 years and 4 seconds.

I've read that 84% of servicemen do not re-enlist. I was in the majority on that one.

Incidentally, I have an Honorable Discharge.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Never in the Military? This is a glimpse...

Post by sodbuster95 »

JU-87 wrote:I've read that 84% of servicemen do not re-enlist.
The military isn't for everyone, unquestionably. But this study seems to speak that percentage: Reenlistment Rates Across the Services by Gender and Race/Ethnicity
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

The time I spent in the military, 75 to 78, was without a doubt, hands down the best job I've ever had. I would have stayed for as long as they would have me if I could have stayed in the job I was doing.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Why would anyone not think there is corruption in the Service ? Power breaths corruption....just like any political group ..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I was in the Navy, Carrier Flight Deck, Catapult Crew, 63-67 and never experienced anything remotely like described!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And compared to the number of men and women who do their job well and serve with distinction, this is barely a blip on the radar. Pretty rude to paint with such a wide brush.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

When I lived on post the third floor of our building was filled with low ranking women, the second floor was filled with low ranking men. There was certainly a lot of messing around, but all was consensual. Never saw or heard of an officer with lower enlisted, not even a higher NCO with lower enlisted. I never heard of a complaint filed by any woman in our company. I am aware of a couple of fat lips or black eyes handed out by some of them though.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I was in the army, honorably discharged. Although I saw or heard of a few incidents r/t a few people, it certainly didn't represent the majority of the soldiers I served with. There was no more corruption or illegal activity than in the civilian world. I heard of one case of sexual harassment during my time in the army, and I'm sure there were others I wasn't aware of. I've also heard of sexual harassment cases in the companies that I worked for as a civilian also. Any website can only list negative things about any organization, it doesn't mean the organization as a whole is bad.

I didn't reenlist, but it wasn't due to any widespread corruption, but rather the military life was a strain on my marriage, as any civilian job might've been also if I was away from home for certain periods. If I could've got an assignment that never involved being away from home overnight, I'd probably still be in. That's not the army's fault, that's just me deciding not to continue doing what I was doing.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

WY_Not wrote:And compared to the number of men and women who do their job well and serve with distinction, this is barely a blip on the radar...
Barely a blip! :shock: Crimes are not a blip.
WY_Not wrote:...Pretty rude to paint with such a wide brush.
Glimpse. A glimpse. Glimpse.

It's honesty. Not rude. I think you are sadly unimformed about military life.

Best regards.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I served. My sister is currently serving. I'm hardly uninformed.
JU-87 wrote:It's honesty. Not rude. I think you are sadly unimformed about military life.

Best regards.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

WY_Not wrote:I served. My sister is currently serving. I'm hardly uninformed.
Your more informed now. :)

One of my roommates was pulled out of formation by the MP's.
Charged with rape and attempted murder.
He, and another Ranger, robbed and beat a women till she was unconscious, and both raped her .
He tried as hard as he could to kill her, but she accidentally lived.
Found guilty at Court Martial. :shock:
Sentenced to 10 years at Ft. Worth Military Prison & Bad conduct discharge.

Cue the music: "BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE...you can do it...in the Arrrrrrrmmy! :P

Maybe you served with all former Boy Scouts? And everyone was just swell...?
We had a few Eagle Scouts, and (at least) one rapist.

Maybe it was the unit or MOS you where in? I believe that "combat arms"( Infantry, Armor, Artillery) tends to attract a more physical/adventurous/rowdy/potentially violent person. It attracted me.

My first unit,the one with the rapist, was the First Ranger Battalion (1/75th Infantry,Ranger,Airborne), at Hunter Army Airfield,Savannah, Georgia. You know- "the best of the best"! :lol: :roll: :lol: every unit says that...

Our military likes to keep crimes by it's members quiet, ESPECIALLY if they are Officers. The site linked to just tells another part of the military story.

I just want people to know that the young man or women in uniform that you may see in any airport, is NOT necessarily a "good person". To assume they automatically are is incredibly naive.

cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Must nave been a slow news day on the corrupt cops front.

But I must admit, this got me thinking, I am in the financial field and a quick google search turned this up, a couple of stories about accountants who killed their families. I just want people to know that the next time you get your taxes done, the person on the other side of the desk is NOT necessarily a "good person". To assume they automatically are is incredibly naive.

Accountant 'kills 14 members of his family, including seven children, with butcher's knife before hanging himself'
Husnain Warerkar, 35, slit his relatives' throats with a butcher's knife during a family celebration in the early hours of today, police said
Texas Man Who Killed Daughters Says He’s Too Delusional to Die
Battaglia, a former accountant, was convicted of first-degree murder for the 2001 shooting deaths of 9-year-old Mary Faith and 6-year-old Liberty, his daughters with Mary Jean Pearle.
BTW JU-87 what do you do for a living?
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Find & Share Quotes with Friends
Join Goodreads
Eleanor Roosevelt > Quotes > Quotable Quote
Eleanor Roosevelt
“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!”
Then, there's Lee Marvin's "The Dirty Dozen".
Last edited by curmudgeon3 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

JU-87 wrote: I just want people to know that the young man or women in uniform that you may see in any airport, is NOT necessarily a "good person". To assume they automatically are is incredibly naive.
I don't assume that they are any different than anyone else that I don't know. I don't automatically assume they are a bad person either. It's pretty obvious the military has crime. The army has MP's (my grandson being one of them) and the CID, the navy and Marines have NCIS, I do assume they are there for a reason. :roll:
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

In my eyes everyone is good till proven other wise. To assume a person in uniform is bad or good at a airport is none of our business....when I was in the service BAD guys didn't last long .

And no freakin oldies jokes.. :D
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens