Easton Town Cenrter - 2017

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

djthomas

Re: Easton Town Center - 2017

Post by djthomas »

schmieg wrote:My experiences with Mens Wearhouse is that they are very carry friendly.
Jos A. Banks as well. I remember five or six years ago I visited a Jos A. Bank for a blazer and a guy I knew from HS was the store manager. We got to chatting and he estimated that at least several times a week they had armed patrons. He said let's be honest, the only people who regularly buy suits anymore are LEOs or they're lawyers and chances are they're carrying too.
Brian D.

Re: Easton Town Cenrter - 2017

Post by Brian D. »

djthomas wrote:
schmieg wrote:My experiences with Mens Wearhouse is that they are very carry friendly.
Jos A. Banks as well. I remember five or six years ago I visited a Jos A. Bank for a blazer and a guy I knew from HS was the store manager. We got to chatting and he estimated that at least several times a week they had armed patrons. He said let's be honest, the only people who regularly buy suits anymore are LEOs or they're lawyers and chances are they're carrying too.
Hey now! In point of fact I'm going to wear a suit today, first time a while, feels awful! :lol: Easier than normal to hide the ol' blaster though. Fancy restaurant, lunchtime, I'm probably not going to be in the Iron Triangle of Trouble. The folks springing for this little soiree would maybe flip if they knew, oh well.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

Great to know. Friendlier choice than having to go into a (posted) mall to a place like Ticknor's.
Notasmiff

Post by Notasmiff »

My suits are made by Carhartt, so.... :lol:
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Well Easton can't state that there's no reason to carry because they provide a safe environment:

http://nbc4i.com/2017/08/24/two-indecen ... wn-center/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quote: According to police reports, the first incident happened August 11 inside a clothing store at Easton.

The victim told police she noticed a man behind a clothing rack staring at her. After the clothing rack was no longer blocking the man, the victim said the man’s pants were unzipped and his penis was in his hand.

The man ran from the store after the victim ran to an employee for help.

A second incident was reported on August 22.
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

Bombarde32 wrote:As I recall, the parking structures are "posted", in the sense that they have signage indicating a gun with a slash mark through it. I don't recall it strictly being the ORC chapter and verse, but the sentiment is there. The ground lots are NOT posted as I recall. I have tried to comply with the spirit of their request by parking on a ground lot and not in the garage.

If you enter through one of the archway tunnels they have in a few places, I recall seeing a code of conduct stating "no weapons" or the like.

I do not recall if individual stores are posted.
Most of the garages are posted, but not all. Many of the ground lots are posted. Most store/restaurants are not. The mall has buster signs.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

Tgoldie00 wrote:I was there and back today and noticed a few things...mostly the complete inconsistency of signage. My wife and I parked on a surface lot over by Northstar to meet some friends for breakfast, and entered the property just off of 270, and saw no signs whatsoever. After breakfast we then moved to the west surface lot adjacent to the parking structure, and saw one sign on one entrance, but nothing on one just further down the street. The messaging certainly is inconsistent that's for sure. Either way it was a pleasant and uneventful morning.

This is so true.
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

747tech wrote:There is signage at the sidewalk entrances all around Easton. Kind of reminds me of the parking lot signs.

This is not 100% accurate. There are several ways to go into the area with going past buster signs.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I took that comment to heart yesterday.
I needed to buy a suit to wear at my daughter's wedding next month near Columbus.
I drove to the local Men's Wearhouse and parked near the door, unloaded my EDC, hid the mag, and locked the gun in a clam shell.

In the store I explained what I needed to the two young ladies there and then asked if they had any problems with me making sure the suit jacket would hang well with me OWB rig. They both smiled and said "No problem at all." I returned to my van, retrieved my pistol, reloaded and holstered it. The rest of the fitting proceeded without a problem.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
ohiodff

Post by ohiodff »

I went to Easton last week to see a movie. There's a tiny sign in a huge pane of glass with no background at all with a simple picture of a gun with the slashed circle. Nearly impossible to see if you aren't looking hard, and still took a lot of effort. I'm hard pressed to call that "consipcuous". I walked back to my car, locked the gun up, and as I was walking back in tried to find the sign again and damn, it was still hard to see. Maybe due to the lighting or the color of the lobby/stairs behind the glass, but not easy at all. They really need to standardize the posting requirements to be a certain minimum size and be printed on a white background.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hello. Personally, there's no movie I'd be willing to lock my gun up for. Wouldn't want to give the retailer my money, either.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Brian D. wrote:Hello. Personally, there's no movie I'd be willing to lock my gun up for. Wouldn't want to give the retailer my money, either.
This
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Qfac

Post by Qfac »

Signage does no apply at all to parking areas anymore. If you have a CHL and would other wise be leagaly able to be there then you can keep you gun locked in your car if the businesss or entity has posted the establishment.
NRA Endowment Life Member

"Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Qfac wrote:Signage does no apply at all to parking areas anymore. If you have a CHL and would other wise be leagaly able to be there then you can keep you gun locked in your car if the businesss or entity has posted the establishment.
It's actually a bit more complicated than that. If the business prohibits firearms in the parking lot through signage (or for employees through policy) then the firearm and ammunition must be locked in the trunk or locked in a lockable enclosure inside the vehicle like a locking glove box, gun safe, etc.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BillSWPA

Post by BillSWPA »

Any signs at American Girl or Legoland?

Thanks in advance!