Euclid cop suspended for excessive force, and that's not all

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: Euclid cop suspended for excessive force, and that's not

Post by deanimator »

TJW815 wrote:To your first, what does it do to further RKBA?
I wasn't aware that ALL posts in the "In The News" forums had something to do with RKBA. Have you complained about others? Or do you just object to the ones that tell the truth about what cops have done?
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

bignflnut wrote:

To your last, again, what does it have to do with RKBA?

All some of you do is post negative news. Lighten up, you'll live a better life.
I'm your huckleberry.

It increases respect for justice. You remember justice, don't you? Where the law-breakers have their Rights temporarily or permanently revoked depending on the crime? Where we all agree that regardless of our station, none of us is above the law. We're a nation of laws, not men, remember?

You remember Rights, don't you? Where people can live free of government intrusion, because there are LAWS that we all respect restraining government from encroaching on these areas of life.
So, nothing, it has nothing to do with RKBA. Thanks for clearing that up.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

deanimator wrote:
I wasn't aware that ALL posts in the "In The News" forums had something to do with RKBA. Have you complained about others? Or do you just object to the ones that tell the truth about what cops have done?

Levies hold until they fail.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

TJW815 wrote:Levies hold until they fail.
Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

I'll take that as a "no".

Apparently ANY news is acceptable... except news about cops making cops look bad...
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Do you think that the Levies are performing their function properly? Do Levies use force against flood waters?
Is that a threat? Or are you simply advocating excessive force against any and all mundanes, via aquatic metaphor?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

TJW815 wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:So if a cop is in the news, accused of wrongdoing, that's considered cop bashing? If a concealed carry holder or home owner is arrested related to an alleged defensive gun use, and the story is posted here, is that bashing all legal gun owners?

I fully support the majority of honest law abiding cops who follow the rules and do their job to the best of their abilities. If one is accused of wrongdoing, they should have the same rights as anyone else accused of wrongdoing. My support is not blind however.

So what is your intent and/reason for posting it in a forum for an organization supposedly dedicated to furthering 2nd Amendment rights for Ohio citizens?

I see it as either an attempt to cast negative light on the police or you are grabbing for attention.

Please continue to push the negative media narrative...
If my goal was to push a negative media narrative against the police, I could scour the webs and find at least a half dozen or more negative stories a day. The last time there was a negative news story about a CCW holder, I posted it. Does that mean I'm attempting to cast a negative light on lawful concealed carriers? There have been news stories on here about cops where I and other people have explained and defended their actions, which is what a forum allows people to do. The news media by and large certainly doesn't give law enforcement that consideration when they post a story.

Regarding the stories in the OP, I would not have posted it if the story was merely the excessive force complaint, even though it would've technically fit the guidelines of the news section. This story is in Ohio, (although it doesn't have to be for the news guidelines) and has the Tale of two cities element to it. It casts attention to the hiring and dismissal practices of police departments, which is at least as important as some individual accusation. These types of issues are important to LEO's as well, because if you have a bad LEO in your dept. it can sometimes make the job even harder for them.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

deanimator wrote:

Apparently ANY news is acceptable... except news about cops making cops look bad...
Deanimator, take a look at your post history, for the most part all you do is complain, and its usually about police. I get it, there are a few bad apples, but you like to condemn Leos as a whole.

Last I checked judging an entire group by the actions of a few is almost universally bad idea.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

BINGO?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

TJW815 wrote:
deanimator wrote:

Deanimator, take a look at your post history, for the most part all you do is complain, and its usually about police. I get it, there are a few bad apples, but you like to condemn Leos as a whole.

Last I checked judging an entire group by the actions of a few is almost universally bad idea.
Well said, and if this thread continues on this debate I'll simply lock it.

Yes, there are bad police. Just as there are bad doctors, bad school teachers, heck, bad CHLers. There are good and bad in every group in society.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

TJW815 wrote:Deanimator, take a look at your post history, for the most part all you do is complain, and its usually about police.
I'm pretty sure I know what I post. After all, I'm the one who posted it.

I talk about a lot of things, complain about some, praise others.

Tell me, why WOULDN'T somebody complain about cops (and not just one, or one time, albeit not with the same consequences) making up an imaginary "confidential informant", using the imaginary "testimony" of this "informant" to obtain a search warrant via perjury, break into an innocent woman's home, riddle her with bullets when she fights back, plant drugs in her home when they don't find any, then try to compel perjury from a real informant to justify their criminal conspiracy... unless they approved of such things?

I could ask you the same thing regarding a home invasion, robbery, and kidnapping ring operating FOR YEARS inside a major police department.

Likewise I could ask you about police in TWO departments trying to slaughter two COMPLETELY innocent paper delivery women and a surfer, NONE of whom resembled in any way, the 300+lb. Black man, driving a different vehicle for whom they claimed to be looking, because they were... "scared".
TJW815 wrote:I get it, there are a few bad apples, but you like to condemn Leos as a whole.
What you apparently don't get is that the "good apples" routinely protect the bad ones. But perhaps you can explain on duty Chicago cops conspiring to intimidate the barmaid, her employer and co-workers to force her to recant her charges against the 300lb. cop who tried to stomp her to death (never mind their harassment of the media during the criminal trial). Likewise, you can perhaps explain how a home invasion, burglary, and kidnapping ring could operate, FOR YEARS, inside of a major police force without ANYBODY knowing about it?
TJW815 wrote:Last I checked judging an entire group by the actions of a few is almost universally bad idea.
You mean like a large number of cops on a major police blog calling ALL of the inhabitants of the South Side of Chicago "savages"?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I gave the warning, someone failed to comply, therefore, this thread is locked.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.